Windows 10: Computer screen flickers form normal to black nonstop

Discus and support Computer screen flickers form normal to black nonstop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer starts to flicker once it is booted up. The main screen goes from normal startup screen to black and it's nonstop. I've tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Popdukes, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Popdukes Win User

Computer screen flickers form normal to black nonstop

My computer starts to flicker once it is booted up. The main screen goes from normal startup screen to black and it's nonstop. I've tried a few different things and no luck. I have windows 10, I have went to safe mode several times, uninstalled and updated drivers. I don't know what else to try.

Pops

:)

Popdukes, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 13, 2018
  3. NONSTOP FLICKERING WHEN BOOTED TO DESKTOP

I installed windows 10 on my computer, no problem.

It then rebooted and took me to the screen to put in my password, which I did, no problem.

However, once it booted to the desktop, my computer has been flickering nonstop. This went on since 9PM Thursday night. I left my computer on, because I had to go to sleep to wake up for work. When I got up at 6AM, the same problem, FLICKERING.

I cannot do anything with the mouse, because when I click on the START button to access my programs, the FLICKERING prevents this from happening.

By the way, I was using Windows 7 that came preinstalled on my Gateway computer. I tried to reformat my computer so I can get rid of Windows 10, but the PF8 key, which I normally use, doesn't work. Something has gone terribly wrong since I installed
    Windows 10.

In other words, I have a computer that I cannot use it, all because of installing Windows 10.

What should I do?

HELP!!!

RAGGARAGGA, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer screen flickers form normal to black nonstop - Similar Threads - Computer screen flickers

2. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  3. Screen flashes normal, to black to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashes normal, to black to normal: HP laptop 17-cn0xxx.... Win 11 pro...Screen intermittently flashes normal, to black and back to normal... 1 thousand 1, 1 thousand 2, 1 thousand 3.I have ran all Hp and Microsoft trouble shooters to no avail.Trouble shooters say "display driver" is fine."Any program' open,...
  4. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  5. Screen Flickering Black

Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  6. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  7. Black/flickering screen

Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  8. Screen goes black and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and flickers: Hi, for the past year I've been having problems with my screen. Sometimes the screen will go black with weird coloured lines for a few seconds, then the screen goes to normal and flickers. Now I've notices that it isn't always the whole screen that flickers. Sometimes its...
  9. Black screen and flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and flickering: Ever since installing a recent windows update I’ve been having this issue, I’ve tried uninstalling the update and updating to an even newer version, same with my drivers, the issue also causes 100% gpu usage, I’ve tried many fixes with nothing working....
  10. computer screen black not normal black screen plz hurry and help

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen black not normal black screen plz hurry and help: So basically i was playing a game and my screen wouldnt work so like a **** i started mashing buttons on my keyboard. the first time i did it the problem wasnt so bad my game was stuckin fullscreen so again like a **** retard i mashed it now everything looks like this help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc screen flckerng but screenshot normal

2. my pc flickers black to normal

3. screen nonstop flicker