Windows 10: Computer screen flickers

Discus and support Computer screen flickers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer starts to flicker once it is booted up. The main screen goes from normal startup screen to black and it's nonstop. I've tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Popdukes, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Popdukes Win User

Computer screen flickers

My computer starts to flicker once it is booted up. The main screen goes from normal startup screen to black and it's nonstop. I've tried a few different things and no luck. I have windows 10, I have went to safe mode several times, uninstalled and updated drivers. I don't know what else to try.

Pops

:)

Popdukes, Nov 13, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 25, 2018
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Computer screen flickers

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Computer screen flickers

1. Computer screen flickers - Similar Threads - Computer screen flickers

2. Computer screen Is flickering in green & pink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen Is flickering in green & pink: Hello,I am a Windows User since 3 yrs and this is the first time I am facing problems with my Laptop pls help.HP Pavillion 15: 8GB, 2TB HDD. i5 8th Gen Display is 15.6in touch screenI have no idea if it's a software or a hardware problem. Since my laptop came with HDD it got...
  3. Computer screen Is flickering in green & pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen Is flickering in green & pink: Hello,I am a Windows User since 3 yrs and this is the first time I am facing problems with my Laptop pls help.HP Pavillion 15: 8GB, 2TB HDD. i5 8th Gen Display is 15.6in touch screenI have no idea if it's a software or a hardware problem. Since my laptop came with HDD it got...
  4. Computer screen Is flickering in green & pink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer flickers: I was downloading games as usual when suddenly the application called IDM internet download manager says that this browser isn't supported to download files blah blah blah I pressed close and then My computer screen starts to flicker and freeze, I restarted my computer and...
  6. Computer flickers

Computer flickers: I was downloading games as usual when suddenly the application called IDM internet download manager says that this browser isn't supported to download files blah blah blah I pressed close and then My computer screen starts to flicker and freeze, I restarted my computer and...
  7. Computer Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Screen Flickering: One day, I turn my computer on and log in right and the my screen loads and when done, it starts flickering. I can't even access any apps or even press anything with it opening. My cursor moves but every thing else is flickering. As of writing this right now, I've been...
  8. Computer Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Flickering: One day, I turn my computer on and log in right and the my screen loads and when done, it starts flickering. I can't even access any apps or even press anything with it opening. My cursor moves but every thing else is flickering. As of writing this right now, I've been...
  9. Computer Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Computer Flicker

Computer Flicker: My computer is flickering constantly for the last month. It happens on any screen, and seems to get worse if I shift my weight or adjust the screen itself - sometimes showing colored boxes or negative colors. I am unaware if this is software based or mechanical, though the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer screen is fricking after loggingin