Windows 10: Computer screen freezes on many websites

Discus and support Computer screen freezes on many websites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the last week or so my computer screen has been freezing a lot. I can still move my cursor with my mouse but hovering over a link does nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skyviking, Dec 11, 2016.

1. skyviking Win User

Computer screen freezes on many websites

Within the last week or so my computer screen has been freezing a lot.
    I can still move my cursor with my mouse but hovering over a link does nothing (usually it changes from an arrow to a hand).
    Then a window will pop up asking if I want to kill a program or wait. Clicking cancel or kill prompts another window which says "Snap!"
    I open the site in another tab and everything is fine for a while - then it happens again. Any ideas? Thanks!!

:)

skyviking, Dec 11, 2016

2. Continuous Freezing at the Lock Screen on Windows 10

Here is the background of the situation...

I simply was watching a video then BAM! The screen freezes up and turned into a black screen
    (still bright like a startup black screen) but i can
    still hear audio from the video in the background
    . So i decided to restart the computer
    but on the lock screen, during the process of entering my password, the computer froze again!

I have tried restarting my computer many, many times but all leads to the same result of a freeze on the startup page (at random times to. Sometimes it freezes before i enter my password or during the welcome loading logo).

Currently I'm in Safe Mode and have had no problems with freezing screens at sign in, but
    converting back to regular start up just gives me the same problem again!

Can someone please help me? It would be tremendously appreciated!

(NP: This is the new anniversary edition of Windows 10)

NathanielCassim, Dec 11, 2016
  3. PakKa Ho Win User
    My computer freezes during updating window

my computer freezes during updating window, i restarted it Many times. Is there any way to skip the update or fix it? I stuck there already like 4hours. My screen just freeze and i can only restart it. I really need help

PakKa Ho, Dec 11, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

The symptoms read like a viral infection; or worse, remote PC hijacking.

pyramid10, Dec 11, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
Thema:

1. Computer screen freezes on many websites - Similar Threads - Computer screen freezes

2. Computer freezes on this screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes on this screen.: My computer will not work it says I need to reset. But every time it gets to this screen it freezes and I'm not able to choose either option. I've unplugged the computer 3 times and started over from the beginning but every time it gets to this screen it freezes. Please help....
  3. Computer freezes on this screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes on this screen.: My computer will not work it says I need to reset. But every time it gets to this screen it freezes and I'm not able to choose either option. I've unplugged the computer 3 times and started over from the beginning but every time it gets to this screen it freezes. Please help....
  4. Computer freezes on this screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer freezes on some website: A few days ago I have a problem that my laptop doesn't boot properly. It was taking too long on a black screen with a cursor before the login screen appear or sometimes the login screen doesn't show up so I decided to reset my windows. After I have reset my laptop, the boot...
  6. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes on some website: A few days ago I have a problem that my laptop doesn't boot properly. It was taking too long on a black screen with a cursor before the login screen appear or sometimes the login screen doesn't show up so I decided to reset my windows. After I have reset my laptop, the boot...
  7. My computer freezes on some website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My computer doesn't let me open many websites

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't let me open many websites: I have this computer that doesn't let me open a lot of websites. Popular sites like youtube, google, reddit,etc. still work but it doesn't load many websites., it just keeps on showing that it's loading and eventually stops loading without opening the site. I have tried using...
  9. Websites that freeze your computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites that freeze your computer.: Hi, I have become aware that there are websites that deliberately freeze your computer. My understanding is that they overwhelm the computer by trying to download into your computer hundreds of pages of stuff. The result is your browser freezes. I use Firefox and I...
  10. Computer Freezes then Recovers when accessing certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes then Recovers when accessing certain websites: Recently my computer has been locking up when accessing certain websites but then it would recover and load the website properly about 5-10 seconds later. I don't know what could be causing the problem because running a chkdsk command in CMD says that the hard drive is okay...