Windows 10: Computer screen freezes when it is idle

Discus and support Computer screen freezes when it is idle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juan Castator, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game.

:)

Juan Castator, Feb 3, 2019

2. Computer freezes when idle

I started having this freezing issue about 3 months ago and is quite annoying. Whenever my computer is on idle from anywhere from 5 minutes to 14 hours my computer has a chance that it will freeze. Happened before Windows 10 and also with my original Windows
    7 copy and reinstalled Windows 7.

GarrettCranney, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade crashes while computer is idle.

Based on the Defrag suggestion, in Windows 10, I launched Task Scheduler, expanded the menu list on the left side and found the Defrag task item and hunted around on the tabs until I found a screen which had an "Enable" check box and UNCHECKED it. As a
    result the Defrag task showed up as Disabled.

It has been 15 hours and my idle computer hasn't frozen. It looks like there is some incompatibility between AMD boards (I have a Socket 939 Abit board... I know, it's old....) and Windows 10 automatic defrag launcher. I haven't tried a manual defrag yet,
    but at least the box isn't freezing on idle.

Bill Nettles, Feb 3, 2019
  4. cornedej Win User

Computer screen freezes when it is idle

Computer freezes after being idle

Hello,

Since a couple of days my computer freezes after being idle for about 10-20 minutes.

With freezes I mean that I can't do anything anymore, my mouse won't move, and the screen freezes as well because the clock doesn't go further anymore. One thing I noticed too is that the light on the computer is on too, I think the light of the GPU?

Those things I already did:

- Boot it up in safe mode (it didn't freeze in safe mode)

- Run CCleaner

- Searched for viruses and malware

- Checked for issues on my harddisk (none found)

Nvidea GeForce GT 730

Intel Core I5-4440

HP Desktop

cornedej, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer screen freezes when it is idle

1. Computer screen freezes when it is idle - Similar Threads - Computer screen freezes

2. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Screen freezing when idle work around

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezing when idle work around: My computer, using Windows 10 Pro, has been freezing and going off-line whenever it is left idle requiring a restart. I have tried to fix it by following the suggestions posted by the Community without success. However, I have found a work around. As the computer does not...
  5. Screen freezing when idle work around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezing when idle work around: My computer, using Windows 10 Pro, has been freezing and going off-line whenever it is left idle requiring a restart. I have tried to fix it by following the suggestions posted by the Community without success. However, I have found a work around. As the computer does not...
  6. Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle

Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle: Hi. I have an issue where my laptop would randomly freeze and / or the screen will go black and the entire system would be unresponsive. This happens randomly and I can't find what causes it. The system would freeze when I'm watching YouTube, or gaming or when I leave the...
  7. My computer freezes when on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes when on idle: If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (20H1 currently)....
  8. My computer freezes when on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes when on idle: If I leave my Asus UX571UD (Zenbook Flip) laptop on idle it freezes and the fans keep spinning. Screen remains black. I have hd this since at least 1809. Tried to set power settings to default but it still happens. Everything is up to date drivers and os (2009 currently)....
  9. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  10. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen freezes when idle

2. my pc freezes when idle

3. why does screen freeze when computer is idled for a while

4. computer screen freezes when i lift it up,
  5. hp desktop freezes when charging,
  6. screen freezes when left idle 2019