Windows 10: Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps

Discus and support Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So every time I go into an app such as Unity or even a game my computer screen goes black and my pc becomes very loud. I do not think this is because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hxlip09x, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Hxlip09x Win User

Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps

So every time I go into an app such as Unity or even a game my computer screen goes black and my pc becomes very loud. I do not think this is because my pc is bad because these apps used to work perfectly fine 7 months ago. Is this some sort of hardware issue?

:)

Hxlip09x, Jul 15, 2022

2. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2022
  4. hermmie17 Win User

Screen goes blue / black on start of atitool

i tried 0.26 and the new beta but its the same... if i start atitool the screen immidiately goes blue or black and i have to reboot... the computer doesnt really hang but the screen seems to be lost.
    any suggestions? i dont have any other programs running, i dont even want to OC my card i just want to have control over the fan speed, i have a x1800xt btw.

hermmie17, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps - Similar Threads - Computer Screen Goes

2. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  3. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  4. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  5. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  6. Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Goes Black When in Certain Apps: So every time I go into an app such as Unity or even a game my computer screen goes black and my pc becomes very loud. I do not think this is because my pc is bad because these apps used to work perfectly fine 7 months ago. Is this some sort of hardware issue?...
  7. Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens Go Black When Opening Certain Apps: Over the course of the previous year, I've noticed that clicking off of Minecraft will cause everything to go black, and everything to disconnect from the computer. If I wait a few seconds, everything comes back and all is good. However, I've started to notice that this is...
  8. Black screen on certain apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen on certain apps.: Certain apps like Microsoft Edge and discord won't show anything when opened while the laptop is plugged to power outlet but, starts fine when on battery. I think the app is running because I could close the app by clicking on the estimated position of the close button but...
  9. Screen goes black when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black when opening certain programs: Hi, this issue started recently. No software or hardware changes were made around the time. I have 3 monitors, and whenever I open certain programs, one of the side monitors will go black. I have ruled out loose connectors, and other hardware issues, as it's usually the...
  10. Screen sometimes goes black when doing certain things

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sometimes goes black when doing certain things: I had to reinstall Windows 10 a little while ago, and since I did, there have been some oddities involving black screens.I installed Windows 10 from a flash drive, which worked fine. Then I immediately tried to install the Creators update. On the installation screen after...