Windows 10: Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...

Discus and support Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been having trouble with some apps like Zoom when shared screen is activated or Toon Boom Harmony, my screen randomly stops, then goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emiliano Kanan, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...

So I have been having trouble with some apps like Zoom when shared screen is activated or Toon Boom Harmony, my screen randomly stops, then goes black for a second or two with a loading cursor and sound still on, then it comes back and sometimes the apps stop responding and I have to close them and open them again until it happens again, sometimes it happens often sometimes it doesnt, how do I know what is the problem? A faulty update? App? Is it the laptop itself? How do I check and fix this?

:)

Emiliano Kanan, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how to i stop my windows 10 screen to stop going black?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes black randomly. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly does the screen goes black?
    • When you say “my start-up my computer sleed-time”, does the computer take time to boot?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If you are using a Desktop, I would suggest you to make sure that the cables are secured properly from both the ends. You may want to try swapping the cables and check.

However, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screen keeps going black for a second

Hi Bob,

This issue may have occurred due to several reasons. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• When does your screen goes black, is it during startup, or while opening an application?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us so we assist you accordingly.

Xylee Del, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...

1. Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop... - Similar Threads - Computer screen goes

2. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  3. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  4. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  6. Computer Screen Goes Black For a Few Seconds OR Bluescreens

Computer Screen Goes Black For a Few Seconds OR Bluescreens: Hi. I've had my computer for just over a year now, and recently I've started to have this weird issue.So, this error happens at a random time, it could happen after 10 minutes or 10 hours. What happens is I will be using my computer, and randomly the screen will go black and...
  7. Screen goes black with the sound.

Screen goes black with the sound.: When playing a game the screen will randomly go black and can still hear the sound. It has happened while watching Netflix also. Only way to get the picture back is to shut down the computer. ive tried different bios versions. used ddu to reinstall the graphics drivers and...
  8. Screen goes black after sounds plays

Screen goes black after sounds plays: The microsoft troubleshooter updated some of my audio drivers after I had issues with no sound playing issue was just with the monitor. After installing the drivers as soon as a sound plays on my computer the screen goes black. The sound will keep on playing but the screen...
  9. Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on

Screen randomly goes black, sound stops, but computer still on: Hello everyone, In the last week or so I've been having a scary recurring problem. Randomly once or twice a day, during times of normal non-gaming use, both of my monitors on my desktop will go completely black, and the sound will stop. There is no cursor or other input...
  10. Black Screen seconds after startup, computer still running

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen seconds after startup, computer still running: I've been running my computer for years without problems. I recently bought a new graphics card and about a month after that the screen displays 'No Signal' About a second after displaying the HP logo. It still happens when trying to access the BIOS menu. As a solution to...