Windows 10: Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not...

Discus and support Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As of last month my computer has been randomly, without a known cause, turning the screen off and becoming unresponsive. The USB's from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BaileyWMCW, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not...

Hello,

As of last month my computer has been randomly, without a known cause, turning the screen off and becoming unresponsive. The USB's from my belief turn off however the computer stays on, the LED's on the motherboard still stay on and to top it off I have to manually press the button to properly make the computer shut down as it won't shut down itself when the screen goes black.

This is the only information I can grab to address the issue. However I believe the critical error may be me turning off the computer when it goes black rather than it crashing.

This computer is mainly used for gaming so I'm cautious as to think that there could be a problem with having games running on the computer to be the main cause. It's unknown as to whether it crashes if not playing games as the computer is hardly used for any other purpose.

I have no clue what the issue is, I have tried increasing the cooling in my computer and know that it isn't the issue as I have good cooling and have increased the fan speed on top of watching the temperature of the processor/computer.

Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not... 0234a12e-bf8d-4688-90d3-ffae9fbebf36?upload=true.png

Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not... bcf07029-515e-4a74-acee-3ea9f5ee3509?upload=true.png

:)

BaileyWMCW, Sep 1, 2020
  2. snapgeek Win User

Computer Black Screen

I normally leave my computer run 24/7 but lately the computer has to be rebooted daily because it does the following:

• Becomes unresponsive with a black screen
    • Network link goes down when this happens
    • Computer can't be revived and simply has to be rebooted.

Event logs show NOTHING when this happens and I know the rough time when it happens because I have nagios monitoring my network including this computer and it tells me when it looses internet, etc.

I've replaced the video card with a brand new one yet this still happens. I'm thinking it has to be a bad PSU or mainboard but I'm unsure what to do to resolve it.

snapgeek, Sep 1, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Computer Black Screen

When there is a black screen click the following 4 keys simultaneously and report what you see and hear into the thread:
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
    (you can practice when there is no black screen)

There are log collectors used in another forum room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

List the antivirus software in use on the computer.

zbook, Sep 1, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not...

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not...

1. Computer screen going black and computer becoming unresponsive, however computer is not... - Similar Threads - Computer screen going

2. Screens go black and computer fans go on full blast, computer unresponsive and eventually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screens go black and computer fans go on full blast, computer unresponsive and eventually...: I have run into a recurrent problem with my computer screens suddenly going black and my fans go on full blast, usually in the middle of playing a game. When it happens, I still get audio, but my computer is not responsive to input e.g. people can't hear me in Discord, my...
  3. Screens go black and computer fans go on full blast, computer unresponsive and eventually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screens go black and computer fans go on full blast, computer unresponsive and eventually...: I have run into a recurrent problem with my computer screens suddenly going black and my fans go on full blast, usually in the middle of playing a game. When it happens, I still get audio, but my computer is not responsive to input e.g. people can't hear me in Discord, my...
  4. Screens go black and computer fans go on full blast, computer unresponsive and eventually...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  6. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  7. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  8. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  9. Computer becoming unresponsive

10. Random black screen, computer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen, computer unresponsive: Earlier today I was just using my PC, same as usual, when both monitors suddenly went black and started showing the no signal message. I unplugged and reconnected both ends of the cables, tried different ports on my GPU but nothing. I then tried to connect through teamviewer...