Windows 10: Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]...

Discus and support Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running windows 10 home version 21H1. I locked the computer at 8:55pm. When I tried to use the computer at 9:30pm, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerBendicion, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]...

I have an HP Envy x360 laptop running windows 10 home version 21H1. I locked the computer at 8:55pm. When I tried to use the computer at 9:30pm, the screen remained black but the computer fan was still on and the power light was still solid white.What was plugged into the computer:One thing that was plugged into the computer was a HDMI cable connecting it to a 2nd screen the 2nd screen was being projected to and the setting was to display the 2nd screen only so the laptop screen was off If it was operating normally, if the hdmi cable was unplugged, the laptop screen would turn back on since

:)

TylerBendicion, Jul 29, 2021
  2. lindalouk Win User

Date and Time in Black on Taskbar

Just installed Windows 10 (reinstall via Cloud). Dell Inspiron 3670. Font for date and time appear in black on taskbar. I read the instructions for someone named Wulff on a different thread. Does not work for me. Suggestions for System Maintenance don't
    work because I don't see the options listed in that thread. Yes, I installed a custom desktop and taskbar color (brown and nearly black), but had exact same colors before with no problems. Previous reinstalls were via factory settings, which I do not want
    to do again because they came with their own set of problems.

BTW, I see that Wulff's post appeared on Dec 4, which indicates this is very new problem.

Windows seems to be never-ending problems, which is why have reinstalled 3 times since setting up computer last week.

Do not want blue taskbar. Hurts my eyes. Thanks./

lindalouk, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Fan speed too high and receives black screen

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What was the reason for you to perform a reset?
    • Does that mean you receive black screen on the desktop?
    First let us troubleshoot for the black screen issue and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Once done with that, let’s check the cause for the fan speed.

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on
    Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device
    Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]...

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]...

1. Computer screen is black but fan is on. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date]... - Similar Threads - Computer screen black

2. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.: im experiencing this when playing heavy games such as openworld game , its bothering that i dont know what caused this. i have checked psu cpu ram everything works fine...
  3. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.: im experiencing this when playing heavy games such as openworld game , its bothering that i dont know what caused this. i have checked psu cpu ram everything works fine...
  4. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  6. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.: I dont know why it happens, the system event log only shows:The previous system shutdown at 8:04:31 AM on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 was unexpected.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID...
  7. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.: I dont know why it happens, the system event log only shows:The previous system shutdown at 8:04:31 AM on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 was unexpected.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID...
  8. Black Screen restart, The previous system shutdown was unexpected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen restart, The previous system shutdown was unexpected: I have random black screen restarts while using my PC.This time, it was while browsing the internet using Microsoft Edge browser.Please see the relevant information here:OneDrive with EventViewer logs, msinfo32 and DxDiag--------------------------------------NOTE:I previously...
  9. Black Screen restart, The previous system shutdown was unexpected

Black Screen restart, The previous system shutdown was unexpected: I have random black screen restarts while using my PC.This time, it was while browsing the internet using Microsoft Edge browser.Please see the relevant information here:OneDrive with EventViewer logs, msinfo32 and DxDiag--------------------------------------NOTE:I previously...
  10. The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The previous system shutdown was unexpected. Multiple times.: No idea why this is happening. Always seems to happen when I'm not at my computer. For a while everytime the computer rebooted the modem also kicks offline. I'm never at my computer when this happens. Nothing in the administrative events/event viewer that I can find to...