Windows 10: Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

Discus and support Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was acting strange 2 days ago. What happened was i had Discord and Mozilla opened up, i was watching some youtube clips and all of a sudden... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WenterDog, Mar 16, 2021.

1. WenterDog Win User

Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

My computer was acting strange 2 days ago. What happened was i had Discord and Mozilla opened up, i was watching some youtube clips and all of a sudden it automatically jumps me back to my previous page until it goes all the way back to the start. Same for discord. What happened after was i couldn't click anything on the screen even the taskbar. I can move my mouse but literally nothing happens when i click on the screen. Windows wasn't freezing or anything, its still running normally its just i can't click anyhting with my mouse although i can access everything through my keyboard. What I'd do is open task manager through my keyboard shortcut and restart explorer.exe and it'd work for a few seconds until the problem comesback. Like i said all the programs including the desktop are running fine, they aren't freezing. I just can't click on them with my mouse.

The problem lasted for like 20 mins then just fixed itself right after. The next day i wasn't able to use the pc cause my sister was using and the same problem happened to her but just for the same short duration that happened yesterday. The day after i used and the problem started again for the whole night. I was frustrated because every single program will automatically go back to its previous page and the clicking problem too. I looked up some fixes on google through my phone. Majority of all the ones i found were about my hard disk being corrupted or virus. I tried scanning my system folder through a re boot and i got this.

Checking file system on C:

The type of file is NTFS.
    The volume is clean.
    Cannot open volume for direct access.
    Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.
    Use the system resource feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation.
    An unspecified error has occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.

I'm certain i never download any suspicious files unto my pc. I've done that too many times when i was younger so I've learned from my mistakes. My sister probably did but yeah i need help if there's a way i can clean my hard disk or at the very least reformat it or just get a new one sincs this Hard disk of ours is very old. We kept transferring the same hard disk into a new computer.

:)

WenterDog, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages - Similar Threads - Computer screen keeps

2. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  3. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  4. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages: Dear Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that we have been facing for the past 8 months with our Windows 11 desktop computers. It has been observed that computer screens often jump back to the previous screen as if the earliest screen was being used. This...
  5. Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages

Computer screen keeps jumping back to previous pages: Dear Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that we have been facing for the past 8 months with our Windows 11 desktop computers. It has been observed that computer screens often jump back to the previous screen as if the earliest screen was being used. This...
  6. Brand New Gaming Laptop keeps automatically jumping back to previous page all the way till...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Gaming Laptop keeps automatically jumping back to previous page all the way till...: Just about a day ago -I Noticed this happening first on DISCORD - It would take me back to the main page Same thing with every other browser old and new, I Haven't installed any viruses or software and I Tried using the sfc /scannow and it said it repaired some corrupted...
  7. Brand New Gaming Laptop keeps automatically jumping back to previous page all the way till...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brand New Gaming Laptop keeps automatically jumping back to previous page all the way till...: Just about a day ago -I Noticed this happening first on DISCORD - It would take me back to the main page Same thing with every other browser old and new, I Haven't installed any viruses or software and I Tried using the sfc /scannow and it said it repaired some corrupted...
  8. Windows is keep going back to the previous page on everthing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is keep going back to the previous page on everthing: Windows keeps going back to the previous page on every application. For example in setting I would go to personalization but in 2 second it will change back to settings home page. This happened on everything; Discord, my 3 browsers, games, and of course my settings. It...
  9. Windows is keep going back to the previous page on everthing

Windows is keep going back to the previous page on everthing: Windows keeps going back to the previous page on every application. For example in setting I would go to personalization but in 2 second it will change back to settings home page. This happened on everything; Discord, my 3 browsers, games, and of course my settings. It...
  10. Page jumps back to top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page jumps back to top: This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc is going back to previous screen

2. laptop keeps jumping to previous screen