Windows 10: Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

Discus and support Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I take a break from using my computer the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive, therefore making me shut it off and turn back on to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by brianwhite007, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

When I take a break from using my computer the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive, therefore making me shut it off and turn back on to use again. I need help fixing this reoccurring issue, please. Thanks

:)

brianwhite007, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Black screen after turning on computer cant log in

Hi Charlie,

I realize that you get a black screen after turning on the computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC after which you are getting a black screen?

The black screen issue could be related to display drivers and might get resolved by updating the display drivers. Without the correct driver, the hardware or device that you want to use won't work properly.

Suggest you to refer to the reply posted by “Sharath Srinivasa” from this thread to check if that helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 27, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

1. Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break. - Similar Threads - Computer screen turns

2. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  3. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  4. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  6. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  7. Windows Blue Screen Crash and reboot ONLY when i walk away from my computer

Windows Blue Screen Crash and reboot ONLY when i walk away from my computer: Hi guys. Been suffering this blue screen error for a month or so now, it blue screens only when i walk away, never when im on the computer. Every time i come back to the computer its sitting at the login screen....
  8. Black Screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after turning on the PC: I turned on my Windows 10 laptop and everything turned on except for the screen. I can’t open task manager or anything else I know of that would help. ***Original Title: Activation***...
  9. Bluescreen when walking away from PC

Bluescreen when walking away from PC: For a few weeks now I have had a peculiar problem with my PC. When I get up from my desk for a few minutes, I often return to see that Windows has restarted. In the system stability logs I see BlueScreen errors with the Code 1000007e. These BlueScreens do not occur, when...
  10. When I walk away from my computer it blue screens

When I walk away from my computer it blue screens: It's a 50/50 chance that when I walk away from my computer, it'll blue screen. Every time it blue screens it goes to 100% and doesn't reboot. I have looked for a solution, but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Here is an image of the blue screen. Please...