Windows 10: Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

Discus and support Computer screen turns off while I'm using it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Benayah95, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Benayah95 Win User

Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep. It will wake up again if I move the mouse but I have to re-sign in and it gets very annoying and shouldn't happen while I am actively interacting with it. For example, it happens even if I'm moving the mouse, typing, watching something, playing a game or anything. Also, once it has happened, it will continue to happen each hour.I have turned all the power settings to never turn off the screen or go to sleep but the problem still occurs. Restartin

:)

Benayah95, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

Unable to turn off On screen keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know the current build installed on the computer and the troubleshooting step that you had already performed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to turn off the OSK by following the below steps:

• Select “Start” and select “Settings“.
    • Choose “Ease of Access“.
    • Select “Keyboard“.
    • Set “On-Screen Keyboard” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

1. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it - Similar Threads - Computer screen turns

2. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up: Hi,I'm having a problem lately where the screens will suddenly lose video signal and go black while I'm the middle of actively doing stuff on my computer such as playing a game. The sound will continue to operate, but the video is lost. I cannot wake it back up without doing...
  3. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up: Hi,I'm having a problem lately where the screens will suddenly lose video signal and go black while I'm the middle of actively doing stuff on my computer such as playing a game. The sound will continue to operate, but the video is lost. I cannot wake it back up without doing...
  4. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen turns off while I'm using it: My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep. It will wake up again if I move the mouse but I have to re-sign in and it gets very annoying and shouldn't happen while I am...
  6. Computer screen turns off while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen turns off while I'm using it: My computer will often turn off while I am actively using it. It doesn't completely shut down, but the screen will turn off as if it's gone to sleep. It will wake up again if I move the mouse but I have to re-sign in and it gets very annoying and shouldn't happen while I am...
  7. My computer randomly turns off when I'm using the built-in recorder.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer randomly turns off when I'm using the built-in recorder.: I'm using a windows 10 When I turn on the recorder, it can record for 1-4 minutes before my computer turns off automatically. I didn't do anything to the power cord, and I didn't make a scheduled shutdown. If you can even do that. Please help, I'm getting frustrated....
  8. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  9. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  10. PC turns off while in use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off while in use.: My PC turns off while I am using it. If it sits idle for over 20 seconds, it shuts down. I have to hit the ON/OFF switch and wait for it to re-boot back up. It takes me back to where I was at. [moved from office forum]...