Windows 10: Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

Discus and support Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmalphy, Apr 26, 2020.

1. shmalphy Win User

Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done at this point. I want to start this thread to keep track of what is not working.

I did this to no avail:
    a: Press Windows key + X.
    b: Then click Device Manager.
    c: Click on keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.
    d: Select Power management.
    e: Check Allow this device to wake the computer

Now I just ran the power troubleshooter and am going to let it go to sleep to see if it worked. I will report back in a few hours. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

:)

shmalphy, Apr 26, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Nick89 Win User
    No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

1. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer screen wake

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  4. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  5. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  6. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  7. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  8. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...