Windows 10: Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

Discus and support Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. First of all I'd like to apologize if I'm vague or unclear at any point. English isn't my first language but I will attempt to explain everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BelgianCat, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

Hi. First of all I'd like to apologize if I'm vague or unclear at any point. English isn't my first language but I will attempt to explain everything as good as I can.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

For a few months now my computer has been randomly fully freezing up and become completely unresponsive.
    It seems to happen at random, however the last two times I've noticed it coincided with fans spinning up in my computer.
    It all started shortly after I had cleaned out my PC so I'm afraid it might be a hardware related issue. The reason why I think it might be hardware related is because I have already "Reset this PC" through Windows and it still happened.

The reliability History mentions It's a "LiveKernelEvent 141" error, which I've been googling for the past month but nothing seems to fix it.

Copy of Reliability History:
    Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎11/‎5/‎2019 4:43 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffdd0bab8e6010
    Parameter 2: fffff80144ff5850
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: cc8
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Maxwell
    Server information: 86bbb338-6692-4a41-ac34-be08a97bdec7

I'm not a very advanced computer user so I'm not sure why it's not generating a crashdump when this specific error happens, so I'm not sure how I should supply a Crashlog of this specific issue.
    If you need any more information to be able to help me please do let me know, because I'm not sure what information is relevant or what steps I should take.

Thanks a lot in advance for any and all help!

:)

BelgianCat, Nov 5, 2019

2. Computer freezes randomly

So I dont remember when this started but my computer freezes randomly while browsing internet and playing games and I need to force to shut down. when it freezes my screen will completely freeze and it looks like an image, I have done memory check and
    sfc /scannow and it says there is no problem and I reset my whole computer too and it didn't help either so i dont know whats the problem help pls

Joonas_576, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 5, 2019
  4. HiKhris Win User

Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

LAPTOP FREEZES RANDOMLY

Hello Community,

As my title says, my laptop freezes randomly.

I have tried so many ways, but didn't go well.

The laptop freezes randomly, I can't do anything about it except force it to shut down by long pressing the power button.

Can't put it to sleep, can't use the crtl+alt+del, nothing.

Could it be a hardware problem?

Very frustrated with it freezing up on me randomly, and I believe it hurts the computer too with force shut down,

please help!

Thank you!

HiKhris, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

1. Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot - Similar Threads - Computer screens randomly

2. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  3. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  4. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

8. Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down

Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down: This is happening atlease once in an hour. There is a random freeze and nothing can be done after that. This is the error i am getting on systems log before freeze Error 2/20/2020 12:24:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None Error 2/20/2020 12:22:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None...
  9. PC randomly shuts down then reboots

PC randomly shuts down then reboots: Hey, So my pc has recently been completely randomly crashing to a black screen then rebooting. It has mostly occurred when i have been playing games and i cannot seem to find what is is for the life of me. I initially thought it might be my cpu overheating as it was...
  10. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....