Windows 10: Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one?

Discus and support Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm planning on buying a new desktop computer and perhaps a laptop. sometime soon and was wondering if any of the various security programs from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M201, Aug 1, 2021.

1. M201 Win User

Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one?

I'm planning on buying a new desktop computer and perhaps a laptop. sometime soon and was wondering if any of the various security programs from Norton, McAfee or anyone else are head & shoulders above their competitors, as well as whether or not they're really necessary? I've read opinions on here and in various magazine articles including PC World that Microsoft has dramatically improved the effectiveness of its Windows Defender product which was rebranded as Microsoft Security recently without causing losses in computer speed and overall performance.I'm definitely looking forward to r

:)

M201, Aug 1, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 1, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one?

Jsssssssss, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one?

1. Computer security products... Are they necessary? Is there a best one? - Similar Threads - Computer security products

2. Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...: I have microsoft security on my computer. I pay for the Mcafee security as well. There seams to be a conflict from time to time and I'm wondering why would I need the extra protection when microsoft has the same features the other provider is providing. Why pay for something...
  3. Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...: I have microsoft security on my computer. I pay for the Mcafee security as well. There seams to be a conflict from time to time and I'm wondering why would I need the extra protection when microsoft has the same features the other provider is providing. Why pay for something...
  4. Determine necessary system files on my computer

Determine necessary system files on my computer: I had a HDD replaced with a SSD in my desktop computer and some the files from the old drive were transferred to the new drive I think the OS was left on the HDD. I'm now looking at buying a new desktop and deleting unnecessary files from my old computer. I can see that I...
  5. Best Productivity Features in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Best Productivity Features in Windows 11: [ATTACH]We are going to cover the best Productivity features in Windows 11, which is one of the hottest topics in the tech world. If you are still in suspense then let’s know what was the buzz surrounding Windows 11. The latest version of Windows has a long list of...
  6. Best security software for website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best security software for website: Hi, Hope everyone is fine. I am a dentist and I have a website where I provide different dental products and services. My website got hacked few months before and becuase of that i had to face many problems. After alot of hardwork I Got it back. Now I want to know about any...
  7. Security for my one computer

Security for my one computer: I have been using Norton, but I would like to know if I need to purchase another security to run Windows 10. What might help me in my budget ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-for-my-one-computer/a27447c6-8ca6-4f0e-a75e-fb3f5a934618
  8. are they necessary

are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  9. best security

best security: I have Windows 10 with it's firewall and Defender. I also use Malware Bytes Anti malware or MBAM. Would Total AV with a 2 way firewall provide better security and is it OK for a mid level user? Would it interfere with Windows updates? 143586
  10. two accounts . 1 for gaming one for music production. best way to configure it please ?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    two accounts . 1 for gaming one for music production. best way to configure it please ?????: Hi, i like to game and am also into music production. I would like to know the best way to set up accounts to do this . i have separate drive etc and have just done a fresh install on my pc , just want to be able to keep separate accounts so as i add more games and music...