Windows 10: Computer security software

Discus and support Computer security software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I have the security apps that come with Windows 10 and they're up to date, do I also need other security software, e.g., Norton or McAfee? What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Buckeye61, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Buckeye61 Win User

Computer security software

If I have the security apps that come with Windows 10 and they're up to date, do I also need other security software, e.g., Norton or McAfee? What else, if anything do I need?

:)

Buckeye61, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Computer security software

Jsssssssss, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Computer security software

1. Computer security software - Similar Threads - Computer security software

2. Security software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Security software: Do these slow down computers?? I am not computer savvy just trying to find out information tky. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-software/9278afad-b138-4178-b6bd-92f941810e0c
  3. Security software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security software: Do these slow down computers?? I am not computer savvy just trying to find out information tky. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-software/9278afad-b138-4178-b6bd-92f941810e0c
  4. Security software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Windows Security Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows Security Software: Is Microsoft Windows Security Software sufficient in providing total protection for Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home? Best Buy store recommends to replace Windows Security Software with Webroot Security Software or to install Webroot Security Software in addition to Windows...
  6. Microsoft Network Security software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Network Security software: Do I need to purchase Microsoft Network Security software for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-network-security-software/8574da21-0caf-4d3e-b897-1c6c8e90a2b3
  7. Requirement of Additional Security Software!

Requirement of Additional Security Software!: I am using Windows 10 (home) which came pre-installed with my HP-laptop and till date the system is regularly updated with all latest features. Is it really necessary to use any other additional security-software (e.g. Mcafee/Quick Heal/ Avast etc), apart from the in-built...
  8. security/maintenance software

security/maintenance software: I have deleted security/maintenance software off my computer, but there is still some residuals of the software that are interfering with the computers operation. I have searched for the bits that are causing the problem but they will not reveal themselves. How can I find...
  9. Windows 10 and security software

Windows 10 and security software: Hi All_ I would appreciate any feedbakcs with this query. Is there a need to install a third party-security antivirus program on the windows 10? Also, I was recently required to scan and repair an external USB with the built-in windows defender but no luck so I wonder if...
  10. Required security software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required security software: Hi all! First time poster here, and over the past six or so months I've been trying to ensure that my wife and I have secure computers. We're behind a hardware firewall, a Dlink wireless router, so I'm talking specifically about security software that I have purchased and...