Windows 10: Computer seem slow

Discus and support Computer seem slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to get some recomendations to clean up my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephD572, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Computer seem slow

I would like to get some recomendations to clean up my pc

:)

JosephD572, Sep 7, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Computer seem slow

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 7, 2018
  5. That is a quite big ask! But here you go:

For the most part, I can successfuly speed up my Acer computer which I had since 2012 use following methods:

- do a thorough system cleaning

I use CCleaner to clear up the trash and uninstal unnecessary apps and tools in the system. I believe developing a habit of cleaning trash on a regular basis is quite important for keeping the system light and fast.
    In addition to that, I remove all the unwanted files in C drive and avoid setting the C drive as the destination of various downloads.

- keep drivers on the system up to date

I use SnailDriver to scan and update the outdated drivers on the system. Outdated drivers can result into various issues on a computer which include a slowdown of the system performce, so I am always happy to see my drivers are up to date.

Hope this helps!

Islehideaway, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Computer seem slow

1. Computer seem slow - Similar Threads - Computer seem slow

2. Slow computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer.: My computer is suddenly very slow. It started with Excel dogging. I closed Excel and re-booted the computer but the restart took way longer than it should. I'm guessing there is something in the background that is causing this. I'm not seeing anything in Task Manager under...
  3. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  4. Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs: Over the last few days, my computer has nearly completely stopped working. Takes about 30 minutes or more to boot up. Started when I noted that none of the Microsoft office products appeared to be working. Have tried to "Repair" but that is not working. Have erased all...
  5. Slow Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Computer: My Computer has been progesivley becoming slower over the last few months, i've not added any new programs exept windows 10 updates. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/35bac848-6d8b-4df7-870a-38a5c451f8c1
  6. New PC seems slow, why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC seems slow, why?: Hi Everyone, My neighbour has bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 3471 desktop:- https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/desk...sktop/cd347101 I went around there this morning to set it all up and it seems slow to me, I was installing Adobe reader and that seemed to take ages, any...
  7. Computer slows down each friday night,,,seems to be trying to install updates...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down each friday night,,,seems to be trying to install updates...: I am an online teacher and each Friday night about 8 pm my computer acts very strange. It slows down and takes about an hour to begin acting normally again. this only happens each Friday night. It is so frustrating. I have tried to check my computer to see if automatic...
  8. Macrium image seemed slow

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image seemed slow: I used Macrium (free) latest version tonight to create a full image of my C drive (Samsung evo SSD), 230 gb used plus the secondary mechanical I drive, 180 gb used. So about 410 gb in all to do the image from scratch. It took about 1 hour 50 minutes. The transfer rate...
  9. Windows 10 seems slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 seems slow: Is it me or does windows 10 seem slow to anyone else. its not like i got a ancient laptop its a lenovo t430s got a i7 3520m 2.90ghz with 16 gigs of ram but boy it loads slow and seems to run slow. 10359
  10. Scrolling seems slow and jerky

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling seems slow and jerky: Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums. If I press the arrow keys to scroll up and down then it scrolls a bit, pauses for a split second and then carries on a bit more before pausing again. Is...