Windows 10: Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

Discus and support Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have searched online for a solution, but none seem to have worked. As stated before, the headphones are seen as speakers, and their mic doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Angel_Navarro, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

I have searched online for a solution, but none seem to have worked. As stated before, the headphones are seen as speakers, and their mic doesn't work too great when plugged into the mic port.

:)

Angel_Navarro, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Edwin Win User
    Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work [​IMG]

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it
    I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked
    but the weird part is when i try to record my voice my mic doesn't work at all i can't hear anything i've tried muting "microphone" in speaker propetiies and that stops it but i still can't use my mic at all
    it's making me really angry*Mad
    i should probably mention that it's an internal mic
    this i what i have the settings at

constantcanada, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

1. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work - Similar Threads - Computer seems recognize

2. USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized: Hi there. I recently upgraded to a new PC. The Beeexellent USB Headphone and Mic headset I have been using for a while on my last computer is not being recognized when I plug it in. The computer cannot even see it, no matter which USB port I plug it into. None of the "fixes"...
  3. USB headphones recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headphones recognized as speakers: Hello, I recently bought a Hyperx cloud alpha s headset but it sounds like a cheap headset and it lacks base. I tried to uninstall the device and restart the pc and update drivers but it didnt work. It says that the headphones are recognized as speakers in sound settings but...
  4. Headphone recognized as speakers

Headphone recognized as speakers: I have a pair of rear speakers and table microphone plugged in to the rear jacks and headset plugged in to the front, all devices are working fine except that the computer doesn't distinguish between speakers and headphones as my headset is recognized as speakers. Is it...
  5. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic: Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up. Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack...
  6. Doesn't recognize speakers

Doesn't recognize speakers: After updating to 1903, I can no longer swap between default audio output devices, as my speakers aren't recognized when my headphones are plugged in simultaneously. This hasn't been an issue before for me. I've tried restarting the pc a couple times, updating the audio...
  7. Headphones mic not working

Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...
  8. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....