Windows 10: Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

Discus and support Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have searched online for a solution, but none seem to have worked. As stated before, the headphones are seen as speakers, and their mic doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Angel_Navarro, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

I have searched online for a solution, but none seem to have worked. As stated before, the headphones are seen as speakers, and their mic doesn't work too great when plugged into the mic port.

:)

Angel_Navarro, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Edwin Win User
    Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work [​IMG]

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it
    I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked
    but the weird part is when i try to record my voice my mic doesn't work at all i can't hear anything i've tried muting "microphone" in speaker propetiies and that stops it but i still can't use my mic at all
    it's making me really angry*Mad
    i should probably mention that it's an internal mic
    this i what i have the settings at

constantcanada, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work

1. Computer seems to recognize headphones as speakers, and the mic attached doesn't work - Similar Threads - Computer seems recognize

2. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  3. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  4. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-being-recognized-as-speakers-and/1a83bfc0-dc89-4be6-88f4-6efa058e345d
  5. Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone: So I have a brand new MSI codex R gaming desktop, and I have been stuck with this issue for 2 weeks now. I have a gaming headphone that has a mic attached with it. The problem here is that I have 2 jack ports in my pc, one that has a silhouette representing a microphone, and...
  6. Headphones work but mic doesn't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones work but mic doesn't: I got headphones with a mic attached and when I plug in the headphones sound comes through them but the mic doesn't work. I've tried disabling the built-in mic on the computer and when I do that and test out the headphone mic alone it doesn't pick up any audio. I'm using...
  7. My computer doesn't recognize any mic or headphones

My computer doesn't recognize any mic or headphones: I wanted to buy a new mic to record screen without noise, then i did found some but there are a lots of noise, and i reset my sound setting but then, my PC is not recognized any mic or headphones.. i plugged in Jack Mic and it show me something that tells me jack mic...
  8. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Hello there. I have a pair of "Blackweb Premium Series Studio Over-Ear Headphones with in-line mic". It has one 3.5mm audio jack and for some reason it gets recognized as "Speakers RealtekR Audio" and the microphone does not seem work no matter which port i plug the...
  9. Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers: Hello, Recently I plug in Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor and my speakers and headphones doesn't work anymore. Windows recognize monitor as only audio device and thats all I can select in right bottom sound option, even thoe monitor doesnt have speakers. I tried:...
  10. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. beexelent microphoe issue