Windows 10: Computer seems to run a program that overlays everything

Discus and support Computer seems to run a program that overlays everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my nana recently broke the screen on her laptop and instead of replacing the screen we went with a old monitor. After logging in the desktop loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blackfox, May 11, 2019.

1. Blackfox Win User

Computer seems to run a program that overlays everything

So, my nana recently broke the screen on her laptop and instead of replacing the screen we went with a old monitor. After logging in the desktop loads normally then, after a few seconds, some sort of program opens and dominates the screen. It looks like this:

Computer seems to run a program that overlays everything [​IMG]

Im fairly certain its a program in the startup sequence, because when I boot up in safe mode, this problem doesn't occur. If I press the windows key, the search bar pops through, and the start menu opens, but this program overlays anything you open. Same with Cntrl+Alt+Del. It opens the menu, you can select Task manager, but then it gets lost behind this program.

Im a bit out of my element here as I havent really done much with windows since XP.

:)

Blackfox, May 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, May 11, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Strange overlay on Windows

Hi Sherif,

This is most likely caused by a program that was added on your computer, or at least your browser. To find out why you are seeing this, kindly answer the following:

• Did you start seeing the image after installing new programs or downloading anything from the web?
    • Does it only come up when you are using a browser?
    • Are other programs affected by the overlay?
    • Do you encounter the issue with the cursor even when you are not within a browser?

We suggest running a full scan using your security software to check if the overlay is caused by any unwanted programs.

You can also delete the browser history or reset your browser altogether to make sure that you are protected. Here's how you can delete the browser history for most browsers:

• While the browser is open, press the Ctrl + Shift
      + Delete keys on your keyboard.
    • Choose what items you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete/Clear.
    • Restart your browser.

For resetting a third-party browser, we suggest checking forums or support pages for the browser concerned.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 11, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer seems to run a program that overlays everything - Similar Threads - Computer seems run

2. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  3. White & Blue Cursor png Overlay on Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White & Blue Cursor png Overlay on Programs: May someone please inform me if it is possible to remove this small symbol that is shown on all programs except .bat and folders?Here is an example. As seen, a small white background with a blue cursor is laying ontop of the softwares image, this undergoes all softwares. Is...
  4. everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?: a while back i had to give myself more permissions in order to bring files over from my old PC. i have no had any issues with this since, but have noticed some programs that point out to me that i am going to "run it as admin" even though i have no clicked the option to do so...
  5. Unable to click - Invisible overlay above everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click - Invisible overlay above everything: It seems that sometimes there is an invisible window on everything above the taskbar, however this overlay appears only on top of items that were not in full screen mode. For example if I am watching Netflix, on full screen the Netflix window works fine, however the minimize,...
  6. Unable to click - Invisible overlay above everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to click - Invisible overlay above everything: It seems that sometimes there is an invisible window on everything above the taskbar, however this overlay appears only on top of items that were not in full screen mode. For example if I am watching Netflix, on full screen the Netflix window works fine, however the minimize,...
  7. Windows runs insanely slow. But everything else seems fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows runs insanely slow. But everything else seems fine.: I'm running Windows 10 on a relativly beefy computer. The cpu, gpu, ram and disks are running normaly and most apps work flawlessly. But anything built into windows is incredibly slow and takes forever to start. Sometimes the task manager takes 10 minutes to start. Apps that...
  8. What is this? I can't get rid of it and it overlays everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this? I can't get rid of it and it overlays everything.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/2noob4u_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9l2rf/what_is_this_i_cant_get_rid_of_it_and_it_overlays/
  9. Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs: Over the last few days, my computer has nearly completely stopped working. Takes about 30 minutes or more to boot up. Started when I noted that none of the Microsoft office products appeared to be working. Have tried to "Repair" but that is not working. Have erased all...
  10. Overlay program shown on top of normal Windows programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Overlay program shown on top of normal Windows programs: Dear community, do you know any tools that allow to have an overlay picture or video that is shown even I open programs in full screen behind and when I type in the full screen window? This would allow me to e.g. have a picture of a color code opened while I edit a Word...