Windows 10: Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...

Discus and support Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; See "subject" above for my question. I am severely mentally ill and this is making me worse. This error has been going on over a year. The store that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JenniferFeher, May 30, 2019.

1. Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...

See "subject" above for my question. I am severely mentally ill and this is making me worse. This error has been going on over a year. The store that "fixed" my computer is now closed and can no longer help me. My computer never went to sleep when plugged in at the computer repair place, but went back to "sleep" after I got it home and plugged it in, no matter what outlet I used in my home. It is now doing this while I am watching DVDs on my computer. Poor as ****, cannot get a new computer. Very aggrevating, very stressful. Please help. JLF

:)

JenniferFeher, May 30, 2019

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 30, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 30, 2019
  4. Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...

Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...

1. Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC... - Similar Threads - Computer set SLEEP

2. Windows 10 and 11 - Power settings, Sleep - "Never", yet laptop still switches off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and 11 - Power settings, Sleep - "Never", yet laptop still switches off: I have the following power settings, clearly stating that "when plugged in, pc goes to sleep [Never]".Can you tell me why both of these laptops Dell and Surface 6 turn off while on power ?...
  3. Windows 10 and 11 - Power settings, Sleep - "Never", yet laptop still switches off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 - Power settings, Sleep - "Never", yet laptop still switches off: I have the following power settings, clearly stating that "when plugged in, pc goes to sleep [Never]".Can you tell me why both of these laptops Dell and Surface 6 turn off while on power ?...
  4. Windows 10 and 11 - Power settings, Sleep - "Never", yet laptop still switches off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode

Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode: I'm having another problem with my new laptop.I have Windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I was able to put it into sleep mode and it went fully to sleep. You could move the mouse, press any button, lift the lid... it didn't turn on. It was asleep until you pressed the...
  6. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep": I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have...
  7. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  8. Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.: I have encountered a weird problem, it's related to Sleep. I have configured my Power Options Turn off the Display : 3 minutes Put the Computer to sleep : Never after 3 minutes of inactivity, my monitor randomly would turn back on like how ones wake a pc with a mouse...
  9. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  10. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer still sleeps when set to never on windows10