Windows 10: Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts

Discus and support Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new computer and I currently have a microsoft account that I've set-up for Admin that is associated with my email. I would like to use that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aneer2, Feb 18, 2020.

1. aneer2 Win User

Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts

I have a new computer and I currently have a microsoft account that I've set-up for Admin that is associated with my email. I would like to use that email on my user account rather than my admin account, as it's the email I use for everything. How do I remove the email from my admin so that I can use it for my user account? Does the admin account require an email? Thank you!

:)

aneer2, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts :(

Zakin, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts - Similar Threads - Computer Set accounts

2. Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Family Saftey account on child's computer: My child is the administrator of their computer and Microsoft 365 account. I want to set up the Family Safety- so I can restrict content and set up time allowance each time.Does it matter that they are the administrator of their computer and 365 account. Should I set up the...
  3. Windows 10 and computer set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and computer set up: HI, My wife uses MS products at school. Her school has a licence for software as educational. In setting up our new PC we were forced to create a hotmail account for logging into the pc. We then wanted to use office 365 and all other parts using her school email...
  4. Setting up second account on son's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up second account on son's computer: I set up my son's new computer with my Microsoft account and all my files opened up on his new computer. How do I remove them and keep my information private. I still want his computer to be associated with my email....
  5. setting up a new account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting up a new account in windows 10: I need to set up a new user for my laptop as I am sending it in for repair. I do not need to connect it to an email address or register it into Microsoft. I set one up but cannot get to it as it does not show up when clicking on the window. How can I access that new user....
  6. Account set up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account set up.: I sent up an account for my wife, everything works good, then I log off, when I log back in to her account I get black screen ? and I used her Microsoft account @outlook.com to set up her account....
  7. Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account set up: Okay so I set up my son as the admin and myself as the child. I need to switch it so I can set up screen time etc. i tried making us both admins then change him to member but i cant because now im a child. Ugh!...
  8. Set up account

Set up account: How do I set up a local administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-account/acfac99c-4589-44eb-b7a8-60faae4ffaac
  9. Setting up AOL account on my new computer

Setting up AOL account on my new computer: I have added my aol account to the mail. The password is correct. Computer keeps saying the account is out of date. I clicked on fix problem and put in my correct password and still says out of date?...
  10. Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10: Is there a way to create a local account on my PC for my elementary-aged children without having to create online Microsoft accounts for them? I've been exploring both the "add a family member" and the "add someone else to this PC" options, neither of which are amenable to...