Windows 10: Computer showing shut down or reset

Discus and support Computer showing shut down or reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem began first when starting up the computer. It took a long time to load and when it loaded,It showed all icons in chinese.After restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jose Thomas_3011, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Computer showing shut down or reset

The problem began first when starting up the computer. It took a long time to load and when it loaded,It showed all icons in chinese.After restarting it,It again took a long time to load and the screen was not responsive. The screen later showed the picture and after that,a blue screen of death and then automatically shut down. Now,it shows to choose the keyboard layout and after choosing,it shows reset or shut down.What should I do?

Laptop in question is an hp 14inch with 8gb ram and a 1TB HDD.It has McAfee Antivirus and was updated a few days ago

Computer showing shut down or reset [​IMG]

:)

Jose Thomas_3011, Oct 20, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Computer showing shut down or reset partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Oct 20, 2020
  4. xarzu Win User

Computer showing shut down or reset

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer showing shut down or reset

1. Computer showing shut down or reset - Similar Threads - Computer showing shut

2. computer shut down and self reset untimely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer shut down and self reset untimely: Hello, Sorry for my english, will try make my best.Since 3 month, my NEW computer have this problem occuring with no reason. It sometime just stop, blackscreen, no display, and reset itself.I have search some help here and there.....but nothing to do.Reliability monitor show...
  3. computer shut down and self reset untimely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer shut down and self reset untimely: Hello, Sorry for my english, will try make my best.Since 3 month, my NEW computer have this problem occuring with no reason. It sometime just stop, blackscreen, no display, and reset itself.I have search some help here and there.....but nothing to do.Reliability monitor show...
  4. Computer shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shut down: HelloI had downloaded AMD graphic and my computer started acting up. It would shutdown within 5 min.I managed to uninstall amd graphics.Then I was doing an reset of the computer. But at 36% it automatically shut down .Please help me what should I do?...
  5. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  6. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  7. Computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shut down: My computer takes a long time to shut down. The feed to the monitor shuts down and everything else looks like it works fine, but the computer fan, lights and other hardware items do not shut down for over half an hour. If I have sleep enabled the computer will go to sleep...
  8. Reset of computer on shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset of computer on shut down: If I shut my computer down the computer resets to original Microsoft settings. I lose all my downloads and have to log into my email accounts every time. Some of the downloads of programs are extremely large and this is a strain on my download allowance. The keyboard is...
  9. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly": computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-randomly-showingthe-opwerating/a68f7186-4c26-4180-95b6-6daf60c2dc25
  10. Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Shutting Down: Hello - can anyone help with this problem please? My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked; The load is usually...