Windows 10: Computer showing up twice within Routers interface

Discus and support Computer showing up twice within Routers interface in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so this is in regards to my computer showing twice within my routers interface. ipconfig /all shows that the MAC address being shown indeed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luke Elam, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Luke Elam Win User

Computer showing up twice within Routers interface

Hey, so this is in regards to my computer showing twice within my routers interface.

ipconfig /all shows that the MAC address being shown indeed belongs to my computer.

Router interface:

Computer showing up twice within Routers interface ffa1a2bc-232c-403a-9de5-d9ff29f68547?upload=true.png

IPCONFIG / all results:

Computer showing up twice within Routers interface 76d78c6b-2774-41cc-b7c5-5ad9ab6b5c3f?upload=true.png

If i am to block the other "unknown" MAC address within the Routers settings - my computer does get cut from the connection, but reconnects shortly after. The unkown connection also goes away, but shortly after springs back up, so i know the 'unknown' connection is indeed my computer, even though it is already connected (shown in the screenshot above).

I have ran multiple malware tests etc. but this MAC address keeps springing back up randomely, which is causing the router some confusion as it keeps dropping the connection to my PC. The only networking device i have installed is my ASUS AC-88, which is on the latest drivers. The router was reset to default, but continues to occur.

Computer showing up twice within Routers interface 3ce73827-7d33-4e0b-b04c-b321513a5ac7?upload=true.png

What could be causing this?

:)

Luke Elam, Dec 9, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Computer showing up twice within Routers interface partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 9, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Media devices are showing my router??

This just recently showed up, my router is now listed (TM-AC1900)under media devices on my W10 desktop. It show pics video's etc from my computer. How can I delete this link/connection. (The router is not shown in network shares)

meebers, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer showing up twice within Routers interface - Similar Threads - Computer showing twice

2. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  3. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  4. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  6. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  7. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Sound interface not show up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound interface not show up.: When turning up or down the volume, there usually shown an interface that tells the sound level 0-100 and the song playing at that moment. But now it has gone for no reason, so I want it back. [ATTACH] This one [Move from Thai]...
  9. Sound interface not show up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound interface not show up.: When turning up or down the volume, there usually shown an interface that tells the sound level 0-100 and the song playing at that moment. But now it has gone for no reason, so I want it back....
  10. Texts showing up twice

in Cortana
    Texts showing up twice: Using 'your phone companion' has anyone experienced texts getting duplicated? See examples below?... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/texts-showing-up-twice/1315be60-27b8-4ceb-acf2-1a21048c37e6"