Windows 10: Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info.

Discus and support Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So how this happened I think was that i was a previous windows 7 user that upgraded to windows 10, it was ok for a few days until one day when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaiderRafsan, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info.

So how this happened I think was that i was a previous windows 7 user that upgraded to windows 10, it was ok for a few days until one day when I start it up it just shows a black screen with a flashing white underscore.

Now I've seen some answers of how to fix this but none of them worked for me,sadly.

I've seen a fix where I have to boot into a windows 10 installer with a usb stick/pendrive/flashdrive.

Now, the question is that I will do that, booting into a windows 10 installer with a usb stick. BUT, if I do this, will all the files be erased???? I hope it wont. Fingers crossed.

And if all files like videos, images etc finger erased, is there backup? Or is there a safer way to fix this problem?

:)

HaiderRafsan, Jun 4, 2020
  2. -ivan- Win User

Black screen with underscore after blue screen?

Unfortunately, I cannot even get the computer to function enough to do this. It is completely unresponsive, a black screen with the only thing on the screen being a white underscore. No dots appear on the screen.

-ivan-, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Ringbeep2 Win User
    Underscore problems on the E63

Thanks for that suggestion. Yes I have tried that and it

OK. It seems like I need to do a step by step:

Menu > Installations > Messenger > Open Messenger try to type in my domain name which includes an underscore that I am unable to type. I've tried pressing the Ctrl, Chr, button with the grey and white triangle, with the 'K' which has a dash, and by pressing
    them on there own. Nothing.

Ringbeep2, Jun 4, 2020
  4. psomera Win User

Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info.

How to fix black and white mp4 files?

Problem:
    Whenever I play an mp4 file from my computer, the appearance of the video is black and white. However, not all mp4 files from my computer do that. It seems like the video files I have created specially from Windows Movie Maker are black and white because videos that I have taken from a video recorder don't seem to be black and white. I also have video files that have been converted from VCR tapes to mp4 files and those are in black and white. Even when I'm on Youtube the video is black and white. I clicked on a video, here;'s the link to it if you want to see what kind of video it is () and the image of the video is just Japanese anime girls, but when I play other videos that are recorded with a camera or are anime videos, those videos are not in black and white.

Solutions that I have already tried:
    I have updated the drive, it is called AMD Radeon HD 8400. I just did this by going to control panel ---> device manager ----> display adaptors
    After updating the drive, I restarted my computer and when I played an mp4 video again, it was still in black and white. I was thinking of disconnecting the drive and then connecting it again, but I have no idea if that is going to affect my files because I have a lot of important pictures and videos on my computer.

Additional Notes:
    • Sometimes, when I play an mp4 file or that video on Youtube, it would be colorful for a split second and then it would be back to monochrome
    • There has been a recent update with my Windows 10, but the files were still fine after the update
    • Steam has been recently downloaded on my computer
    • When I play my mp4 video on another computer (I used my USB to check it out), the pictures moving in the slideshow is actually colorful, but the mp4 files are still in black and white
    • The windows movie maker is actually not original. I re-downloaded it after the update has deleted movie maker. Since I have heard that movie maker is no longer available since last January, I redownloaded it from another site. Still, my mp4 files are still in black and white
    • Only videos that were saved as an mp4 from movie maker, videos that have been converted from VCR tapes and that one video on Youtube were in black and white.

psomera, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info.

1. Computer shows black page and white underscore,I'm going to fix this but I need some info. - Similar Threads - Computer shows black

2. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  3. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  4. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. White underscore on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White underscore on startup: Hello, I recently moved my windows 10 from hdd to ssd and it works pretty well, but I am getting white underscore on first 10 seconds on start up, then the system loads in normally. I wonder how could I have fix that. I also noticed that windows boot manager is still on my...
  6. White underscore on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White underscore on startup: Hello, I recently moved my windows 10 from hdd to ssd and it works pretty well, but I am getting white underscore on first 10 seconds on start up, then the system loads in normally. I wonder how could I have fix that. I also noticed that windows boot manager is still on my...
  7. White underscore on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Pc stuck at a screen with white underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc stuck at a screen with white underscore: Alright so my pc did this 2 weeks ago and then it was stuck at it i cant do ctrl + alt + del nothing works even the num lock key doesnt work its stuck everything doesnt work the only thing i could do is click the power button to close it then it keeps doing it for 2 weeks and...
  9. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner: Hello! this morning I turned on my pc as usual, but after briefly seeing the HP logo for about half a second, the screen goes black, and a white underscore begins to flash in the top left corner. I tried turning it off and unplugging it, and then restarting, but it does...
  10. I reversed black and white on Settings pages!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I reversed black and white on Settings pages!: I have no idea how I did it and consequently have no idea how to correct it! After I click the "Gear" for settings every page is reversed, the background is black and all words etc. are white. Since I have a weakened 85 year old brain and rely on the "Snipping" tool to print...