Windows 10: Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect

Discus and support Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had an interesting problem that I wanted to post here in case others ran into the same issue because while I could find a ton of possible fixes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick Clemins, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect

I had an interesting problem that I wanted to post here in case others ran into the same issue because while I could find a ton of possible fixes for the 0x80070035 network path not found error, this fix was not among them.

I moved recently and since the move, my laptop hasn't been able to access my desktop file shares. Interestingly enough, my desktop could access my laptop file shares and my laptop could see my desktop in Network (so Auto Discovery is working somehow), but when I would click on my desktop, I would get a 0x80070035 error, which after searching the web I've come to believe means about a million different things.

For me, the fix was way simpler than most of the registry hacking and network adapter uninstalling suggested around the web. The key was my recent move where I got a new router with my new Internet service which fully supports IPv6, so all my local PCs now have "real" IPv6 address vs. the ipv4 to ipv6 tunnel I was using before. For some reason, my desktop immediately recognized it was on a new network and flushed it's DNS cache, but my laptop didn't. I figured this out by pinging my desktop from my laptop with a command prompt:

ping <desktop_computer_name>

and watching the command return my desktop's old ipv4 to ipv6 tunnel address. On my laptop, I simply had to flush the DNS cache with:

ipconfig /flushdns

and I could immediately access my desktop file shares again.

So, moral of the story, network auto discovery apparently does not provide new IP address information and thus, your computer could find a computer on the network but choose to use old cached DNS entries instead when it tries to actually connect to that remote computer.

:)

Patrick Clemins, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Jason JSF Win User

Error 0x80070035 The Network Path Was Not Found

Hello,

I'm having an issue connecting to a fresh install of Windows 10 Home, from a Windows 10 Pro Laptop.

I have set up a bunch of shares on the desktop (computer name HTPC), and can access them from that computer directly when I navigate to \\HTPC.

However, when I try to connect from my laptop (on the same network), it shows up on the list of devices in my network, but when I try to open it, I get the Error 0x80070035 The Network Path Was Not Found.

Any suggestions?

I've already turned off password protected sharing (I want these files totally open to anyone on network). I am trying to avoid the use of a homegroup, as there are other non-windows devices which will eventually need to connect as well.

Jason JSF, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    0x80070035 The network path was not found

Hi Mike,

The "0x80070035 The network path was not found " error usually occurs when computer network is having an issue. For us to better assist you with this, please provide the following information:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Are you using multiple computers that are connected to a network?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Frank C Win User

Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect

Error code 0x80070035

Hi,
    I am unable to access one of three computers on my local network via File Explorer
    I can access the other two and I can access a network local external drive.
    The error is :
    error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found
    This expands into:
    one or more network protocols are missing on this computer
    windows sockets registry entries required for netork connectivity are missing
    The post from SimBy in Network Protocols says to disable netbios over TCP/IP.
    Solved Network Protocols - Windows 10 Forums
    I don't know how to do that.
    Does someone have a suggestion for me?
    Windows 10 on HP Envy

Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect [​IMG]

Frank C, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect

1. Computer Shows up in Network, but 0x80070035 error when trying to connect - Similar Threads - Computer Shows Network

2. Showing Error 0x80070035 while connecting to network pc in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing Error 0x80070035 while connecting to network pc in windows 10: I have 2 pc's running windows 10. Both are connected together through a routerLAN. I can see and access my PC A files From PC B . But in my PC A, the network folder i can see my PC Bs name but cant access and shows the error 0x80070035. I tried may things from internet,but...
  3. Errors 0x80070035 and occasionally 0x800704cf when trying to access shared network drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Errors 0x80070035 and occasionally 0x800704cf when trying to access shared network drive.: No matter what I try, I can't connect to my shared drives. Every other PC on my LAN is able to access them without issues. They even can connect to my PC. I have tried every possible fix I have found online, apart from reinstalling Windows on my machine. Any help would be...
  4. Error: 0x80070035 The network path was not found, when trying to access PC on network

Error: 0x80070035 The network path was not found, when trying to access PC on network: I keep getting this when i try to connect to another computer with a LAN cable, please i need help [IMG] ***Original title: Network errors***...
  5. Can't access computers on local network error code: 0x80070035

Can't access computers on local network error code: 0x80070035: Hello, I recently reset windows 10 on one of the work computers and a problem occurred. I can't connect to other computers on the network, while all of the other computers can connect to my shared drives easily. Other computers are visible in the network tab. I've surfed...
  6. Error 0x80070035 trying to open the network win7 computer.

Error 0x80070035 trying to open the network win7 computer.: Have a old windows 7 pro machine serving shared drives. Out of the blue, my Windows 10 machines can't talk to it. Get Error 0x80070035 trying to open the network computer from explorer. Tried some old remedies I found, but nothing has helped. What to do? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035

Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035: Hi There, I'm having an issue where some computers on our network are not talking to each other. Using one computer as an example, it's been able to discover all computers on the network browser, but when I click to open that computer it gives 0x80070035 error (The...
  8. Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found

Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found: Hello, We have a small peer to peer LAN (5 systems) in our office, and all systems are Windows 10. If we try to open shared resources that are on System 1, while working on System 2, we often get Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found. But we just noticed something odd...
  9. Network errors 2 of 3 computers "error 0x80070035 the network path was not found"

Network errors 2 of 3 computers "error 0x80070035 the network path was not found": Hello, I have 3 computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, all running Windows 10. Desktop 1 can see and access files on desktop 2, it cannot see the laptop. The laptop can see and access files on desktop 2, it can see desktop 1, but cannot connect to it. Desktop 2 can see both...
  10. Error Code: 0x80070035 when I trying connect on my laptop from PC via private network

Error Code: 0x80070035 when I trying connect on my laptop from PC via private network: Hello, Error Code: 0x80070035 when I trying connect on my laptop from PC via private network I am in big trouble I need connect to my laptop but this morning I cannot. Still cannot figure why ? Yesterday was all wright bus this morning I cannot connect through my private...
Tags: