Windows 10: Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I...

Discus and support Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The app offers no options besides an error code to restart done that. I dug through my own files to find the unplayable games 47 gig chunk just sitting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vik 6occ, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Vik 6occ Win User

Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I...

The app offers no options besides an error code to restart done that. I dug through my own files to find the unplayable games 47 gig chunk just sitting there, unable to be reached due to permissions. After changing permissions to "everyone" to get into the folder and giving myself "full control," I now need permission from "everyone" to delete the files. Tried similar with "users," which resulted in it telling me I need permission from users, which is just infuriating to be told

So I've got this 47 gig chunk of useless data taking up space and generally being a nuisance. Any other ideas?

:)

Vik 6occ, Sep 30, 2020

2. xbox game streaming not working on pc

Thanks for responding, i have already tried everything in that forum article and the phone support has tried everything with me too

things that i tried:

• changing wifi networks
    • resetting my computer
    • reinstalling the Xbox app
    • resetting the Xbox
    • changing just about every setting in the Xbox and the Xbox app
    • changing settings in the router
    • reinstalling drivers on my computer
    • using different controllers
    Also when I open the Xbox app on my pc sometimes i am able to connect when the Xbox is turned on but not if it is off(it is set to instant on), but once I'm connected i can test game streaming and it will say all good but when i actually go to use it the
    app just crashed with no error code.

Also i do not know if this is related or not but the home screen in the Xbox app just shows "something went wrong while loading this info" and whenever i try to view my friends captures the app will crash and I've also found out that the app will just freeze
    up when i try to join a party.

zackster900000q, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I...

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I...

1. Computer shut down halfway through a game download through the xbox PC app woops and I... - Similar Threads - Computer shut down

2. Why can't I play games through Xbox App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I play games through Xbox App?: For some reason, in both Xbox Insider and Normal Xbox App, it won't let me play most games or install them. For instance, I purchased Minecraft for Windows through Xbox, and it won't even install. It gets to verifying the data and compiling it then pulls an error. With Forza...
  3. Can’t start any game through xbox app on pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t start any game through xbox app on pc.: When I try to launch Monster Hunter Rise it keeps giving me the same File System Error -2015294512. I’ve looked all over the internet trying to figure out what’s wrong with my GameLaunchHelper.exe but nothing I’ve tried has fixed it. It’s not just monster hunter that will not...
  4. Can’t start any game through xbox app on pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start any game through xbox app on pc.: When I try to launch Monster Hunter Rise it keeps giving me the same File System Error -2015294512. I’ve looked all over the internet trying to figure out what’s wrong with my GameLaunchHelper.exe but nothing I’ve tried has fixed it. It’s not just monster hunter that will not...
  5. Error 0x80070005 after downloading any game through Xbox app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 0x80070005 after downloading any game through Xbox app: OK so as the title above suggests I have that error code when I try to install ANY game through the xbox app. I have Game Pass ultimate and had 0 issues UNTIL I did a reinstall of Win10 a couple days ago to try an eliminate a USB issue. Now this is the only thing I'm having a...
  6. Error 0x80070005 after downloading any game through Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070005 after downloading any game through Xbox app: OK so as the title above suggests I have that error code when I try to install ANY game through the xbox app. I have Game Pass ultimate and had 0 issues UNTIL I did a reinstall of Win10 a couple days ago to try an eliminate a USB issue. Now this is the only thing I'm having a...
  7. Error 0x80070005 after downloading any game through Xbox app

8. OS Migration stopped halfway through

OS Migration stopped halfway through: Hello,My friend was doing OS Migration from HDD to SSD but stopped halfway throughthis resulted on the creation of system reserved E and the disappearance of the SSD in the devices and printers accessed from "this pc"How can my friend fix this? Do they just format it?Thanks...
  9. Unable to open game through Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open game through Xbox app: I downloaded the Halo: Master Chief Collection through the Xbox app, but when I tried opening it, it would just open Microsoft Game Services on the Microsoft store. After looking up a solution online, I went into app settings and reset the application, which should just...
  10. Pc not shutting down or restarting through Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc not shutting down or restarting through Windows: I have a problem with my cpu, gpu, and cooling fans all not turning off, because of my windows not shutting down/restarting correctly. Just as as a note, correct me if I'm wrong but I personally believe this is a motherboard/bios issue. My motherboard is an AM4 B550...