Windows 10: Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop

Discus and support Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently hooked up a second monitor to my computer, which is the only change that I've made within the past few months. One is connected via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ghostsnacks, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop

I recently hooked up a second monitor to my computer, which is the only change that I've made within the past few months. One is connected via DisplayPort DVI->DP adapter, which is the monitor I've been using and the new one is connected via VGA. I only mention this because the computer turned back on after unplugging the DVI/DP monitor and I was able to back up my work files.

I had left my computer on while I was doing yardwork the other day to come back in the house and the PSU fan was howling cold air was blowing out, neither monitor was responsive, mouse/keyboard were unresponsive. I hard shut off the computer with the power button, unplugged everything, cycled the power button a few times, then plugged everything back in. The PC was stuck in a restart loop after this, HD/power lights would flash like usual, DVD-ROM drive light would flash, then it would shut itself off. The computer did this a few times and eventually booted into diag mode. Ran a drive diag and everything passed. Did a couple hours of work and as I was submitting a report, the computer shut down again.

I ran though the same troubleshooting, but this time the DVI/DP port monitor was left unplugged and the VGA connected. Upon restart, a black screen with message:

[The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the compu]

[ed checksum. ]

I reset the computer again and things seem to be working okay with the VGA monitor.

Does anybody know what is going on or what I can do to fix this? I would ideally like to be able to use both monitors if possible.

thank you so much

:)

ghostsnacks, Oct 10, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Richard.8 Win User
    Stuck on “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”

So I’m currently stuck in a looping “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.” I’ve tried hitting Shift + F10, but nothing happens. I’m on a Surface laptop right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard.8, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop

“The computer restarted unexpectedly...”

So I’m currently stuck in a looping “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.” I’ve tried hitting Shift + F10, but nothing happens. I’m on a Surface laptop right now. Any help would be
    appreciated.

Also cant enter in safe mode

AngelicaParker1, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop

1. Computer shut down unexpectedly, stuck in restart loop - Similar Threads - Computer shut down

2. Computer shuts down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down unexpectedly: I have Dell Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎10/‎19/‎2023OS build 19045.3930Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0My computer shut down as I was playing a video game. I had not touched anything and this has happened before at other times....
  3. Computer shuts down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down unexpectedly: I have Dell Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎10/‎19/‎2023OS build 19045.3930Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0My computer shut down as I was playing a video game. I had not touched anything and this has happened before at other times....
  4. Computer shuts down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer shuts down unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down unexpectedly.: Computer shuts down unexpectedly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-unexpectedly/fd6c6582-67b1-4c4b-85eb-17205311dfcd
  6. Computer shuts down unexpectedly.

Computer shuts down unexpectedly.: Computer shuts down unexpectedly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-unexpectedly/fd6c6582-67b1-4c4b-85eb-17205311dfcd
  7. Computer shuts down unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer occasionally shuts down unexpectedly -

Computer occasionally shuts down unexpectedly -: PC has started to shut down unexpectedly. Getting problem details of The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x000000000000001d, 0xffffa908e2837980, 0xffffa908e28378d8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  9. "The computer restarted unexpectedly" loop

"The computer restarted unexpectedly" loop: I keep getting the same error every single time, and every time I click "OK" the same thing happens. I have also tried to get into the Advanced Recovery tools, but the same result happens. Also, I can't access CMD because my keyboard is a Bluetooth keyboard, and will only...
  10. Computer shut down unexpectedly

Computer shut down unexpectedly: Hi everyone, My computer recently starts to crash during intensive gaming. Can anyone tell me what the error means from Windows Reliability Report? Here is my computer specs: Intel i7-8700k MB: Asus rog Maximus X Hero GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio RAM: G.Skill...