Windows 10: Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10

Discus and support Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While I was waiting for the Windows 10 Setup to download and check everything it needed to I neglected to notice that my charging cord for my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrinceSpirit, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10

While I was waiting for the Windows 10 Setup to download and check everything it needed to I neglected to notice that my charging cord for my laptop had come out. During the portion of the setup where it was asking me what all I'd like to transfer over my computer shut off. It turned back on and is working fine now but I was wondering whether there will be any issues if I upgrade now. The setup is also starting again from the beginning currently.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

PrinceSpirit, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Schedule PC to turn on

Hello,

I am new to Windows 10, however I built a .net program that I want to run during the day when I am not home.

I have setup a scheduled task to wake computer to run the task. I do not turn off the computer, I only shut the lid. Apparently shutting the lid shuts off the laptop. IN either case, is there a way to have the PC turn on so the task can run while I am not
    home?

BryanRevelant, Jul 29, 2015
  3. During download of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 computer shuts off

During download of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, computer shuts off, doesn't turn back on, and when turned on, reverts and restores windows 8.1

firehousecandles, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10

1. Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer shut off

2. PC shutting off during Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  3. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  4. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  5. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup: As the title says the computer shuts down before I am able to access anything. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-computer-off-during-startup/51ec0ac3-b746-447d-bb7e-4f5dea6f10d1
  7. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  8. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts off randomly during sleep: This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but I've uninstalled that and it's still happening. It happened again today, checked event viewer, and it says "The computer...
  9. Accidentally shut off computer during restore to factory

Accidentally shut off computer during restore to factory: Yesterday I accidentally shut off my computer after I requested restore to factory windows settings. Now my HP laptop keeps restarting over and over. It reads that it has gone through 64% of system restore. I have tried holding power key shift when restarting and f4 and f6...
  10. Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process

Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process: Seems to happen each time I try this update. When are start the computer back up it undoes the failed update. Can someone tell me why this is happening, and how to correct it. I'm running Win 10 Pro Version 1909 64 bit on a i7-2600K, 16GB DRAM, 240 GB SSD C: drive 97GB...