Windows 10: computer shutdown

Discus and support computer shutdown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Default Username 280, Jul 15, 2019.

1. computer shutdown

so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now

today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total reboot

I check of overeating computer parts but everything is fine

I have a feeling I'm being hack but I don't know to how verify it

any advice? oh yeah I run malwarebytes and I have an active subscription with bitdefender total security 2019

:)

Default Username 280, Jul 15, 2019

2. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 15, 2019
  4. computer shutdown

After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

computer shutdown

1. computer shutdown - Similar Threads - computer shutdown

2. Lso keeps triggering causes my computer to freeze, requiring manual shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lso keeps triggering causes my computer to freeze, requiring manual shutdown.: My computer frequently freezes and then I am forced to manually power off the laptop. These crashes are accompanied by the message in event viewer LSO was triggered. These crashes typically occur while gaming. I have done a network reset through settings and it should not be...
  3. Lso keeps triggering causes my computer to freeze, requiring manual shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lso keeps triggering causes my computer to freeze, requiring manual shutdown.: My computer frequently freezes and then I am forced to manually power off the laptop. These crashes are accompanied by the message in event viewer LSO was triggered. These crashes typically occur while gaming. I have done a network reset through settings and it should not be...
  4. windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...: exactly what the title says, my windows computer for some reason, randomly without warning will completely shutdown without warning, no error pop up, nothing, before it gets stuck in a restart shutdown loop with me being unable to anything except shutdown the computer with...
  5. windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...

windows 11 Computer Randomly Blackscreens, as in completely shutdown with no warning, and...: exactly what the title says, my windows computer for some reason, randomly without warning will completely shutdown without warning, no error pop up, nothing, before it gets stuck in a restart shutdown loop with me being unable to anything except shutdown the computer with...
  6. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  7. How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?

How Do I Automatically Shutdown my Computer after Idle?: I want my Windows 11 Laptop to restart after an hour of being idle and this is what I put in task scheduler:It doesn't do anything though, it never triggers or starts or runs on its own....
  8. Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?: My Dell Inspiron 15 just installed the latest security update on 1/23/2024. It now will not shutdown. It will automatically restart, but in airplane mode. It has never done this before....
  9. Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?

Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?: My Dell Inspiron 15 just installed the latest security update on 1/23/2024. It now will not shutdown. It will automatically restart, but in airplane mode. It has never done this before....
  10. Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works: Hello,During the last months I found a problem with five computers in our company: when they log into Windows the system stops and we have to press shutdown button to restart neither control+alt+delete worksThis problem occurs randomly. Sometimes is one of these five...