Windows 10: computer shutdown

Discus and support computer shutdown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Default Username 280, Jul 15, 2019.

1. computer shutdown

so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now

today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total reboot

I check of overeating computer parts but everything is fine

I have a feeling I'm being hack but I don't know to how verify it

any advice? oh yeah I run malwarebytes and I have an active subscription with bitdefender total security 2019

:)

Default Username 280, Jul 15, 2019

2. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 15, 2019
  4. computer shutdown

After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

computer shutdown

1. computer shutdown - Similar Threads - computer shutdown

2. restart computer without total shutdown (hp stream 14)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restart computer without total shutdown (hp stream 14): How or where do I restart my HP stream 14 without doing a total shutdown ?I also have tried to install windows 10 v 1903 it goes through the complete download the once the screen on restart I get an error msg saying I need to put in my media device which is a 34 GB sd card...
  3. computer timed shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer timed shutdown: Hi, I need to know how to shut down and wake up my computer specific times. any and all help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-timed-shutdown/b350c2bb-54dc-4cb3-b920-f0eca8f1b1c2
  4. Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start back up: The actual question: How can I find the log/error of what is causing this or what can I do to fix it. The issue: I sent 3 different shutdown commands (1 at a time per boot) and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup: Commands: shutdown.exe /t 0 /g shutdown.exe /t 0...
  5. Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows: I sent 3 different shutdown commands and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup: Commands: shutdown.exe /t 0 /g shutdown.exe /t 0 /sg /f shutdown.exe /t 0 /s /hybrid What they do and did: Reboot and automatically login and lock (working as intended) Shutdown and...
  6. random computer shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random computer shutdowns: my computer has been randomly shutting down. this has been an issue for 3-4 years. through 2 computers. the only thing(s) in common in the computer are the video card(gtx 750 ti) and both have older(pre win10) asus boards. I can't force it to happen, its totally random....
  7. Computer restart although a click on shutdown

Computer restart although a click on shutdown: If I click on Shut down (see attached picture) my computer restarts. Do you know how can I solve this? 135013
  8. My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer won't shutdown or restart fully, please help?!?: So this is probably the 3rd time I've had to fix this, but whenever I try to shutdown or restart my comp. it doesn't completely shut down. (light in tower stays on) Then I have to physically push the power button to finally shutdown. I've fix it before but to be honest...
  9. Can we set Windows Defender to shutdown our computers after a full system scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can we set Windows Defender to shutdown our computers after a full system scan?: Is it possible to configure Windows Defender to automatically shutdown our computers after completing a full system scan? This would be a useful feature for leaving the scan to run in the evening when the days' use of our computers is over. My thanks, DaveJB....
  10. my computer keep asking me to shutdown

my computer keep asking me to shutdown: my computer keep asking me to shutdown once it does that it close what i was doing then ask me that window 10 Lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keep-asking-me-to-shutdown/9ffe92dc-657a-4801-abbe-542aba8b4aa1