Windows 10: Computer Shutdown

Discus and support Computer Shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am experiencing random computer shutdowns. I have gone through all of my parts of my PC with various tests and cannot find any fault. The screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rory Quirke, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Computer Shutdown

Hi,

I am experiencing random computer shutdowns. I have gone through all of my parts of my PC with various tests and cannot find any fault. The screen simply turns black, as if i had plugged by PC out from the wall. What can i do to find out what is causing this problem? i know about event viewer, but it isn't telling me anything new. I am not doing anything stressful when this occurs, just browsing the web.

Thanks

:)

Rory Quirke, Apr 8, 2021

2. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Computer Shutdown

After upgrading to Windows 10, cursor is disappeared while trying to shutdown the computer

Hi Hana,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

Let’s try to shut down the computer from log-in screen and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + L and keep tapping
      Tab key
      on the keyboard.
    • Once it select shutdown option hit enter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I recommend you to update the mouse driver manually and check if this helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    If the above steps did not helps to fix the issue, try the below steps.

Step 3.

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer and download the latest updated mouse driver and install the same.

Hope it helps. Post us with the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Computer Shutdown

1. Computer Shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer Shutdown

2. Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was on, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was on, random PC frezze Event ID 6008: Hi There, Recently I have been having some weird "happenings" on my windows 10 PC. Today it simply froze, no BSOD, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything, I could move the mouse but anything else was not working. This is probably the third time this has happened. I waited 30...
  3. Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008: Hi There, Recently I have been having some weird "happenings" on my windows 10 PC. Today it simply froze, no BSOD, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything, I could move the mouse but anything else was not working. This is probably the third time this has happened. I waited 30...
  4. Computer ignores shutdown blockers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer ignores shutdown blockers: Hello, I have a few apps that used to save a few things like workspaces, open files etc, and I'd get a notification on my screen that "X app is preventing you from shutdown", or it would show a reason as to why shutdown is delayed, but recently this functionality does not...
  5. Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted: My Windows 10 PC has connected to the APC UPs and not turning on after shut down the PC and when I turn the UPS on. I have to turn the computer on manually by pressing the PC power button. In Bios , ALWAYS ON and WAKE ON LAN options are active. I did follow the APC UPS...
  6. my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown

my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown: my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-3-5-min-after-shutdown/319a676b-db03-4a4c-844c-85a208fb6f2f
  7. Computer restarts after shutdown

Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  8. Shutdown computer without admin rights?

Shutdown computer without admin rights?: submitted by /u/SilentMediator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m59os7/shutdown_computer_without_admin_rights/
  9. My computer is not booting up correctly after disabling faststartup because of a shutdown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is not booting up correctly after disabling faststartup because of a shutdown...: It's really matters as my life. Here is all I had a problem because of a problem occured at shutdown. After i tried to solve it with disabling fast startup, ir shutted down but also gave please wait BSoD and not booted. I ran automatic troubleshoot but it didn't work and...
  10. Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown

Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown: I have an HP Envy 15 and the computer fan starts running while the computer is just sitting there idle. I haven't connected any external mouse so the problem is not a key being pressed or the mouse moved. Every time I have to force shutdown by pressing the power button to...