Windows 10: Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

Discus and support Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My new build is consistently shutting down after the computer locks. I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1. I suspect that the computer is shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by D_C_S, Sep 7, 2021.

1. D_C_S Win User

Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

My new build is consistently shutting down after the computer locks. I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1. I suspect that the computer is shutting down when the PC attempts to sleep or hibernate, however, it appears to do this before the PC should be entering sleep mode typically it takes around 10 mins or so, it's difficult to properly time it.I have attempted the following so far:1 Run windows power troubleshooter 2 Modified the sleep and power advanced power settings to: Sleep after: 60 minutes Turn off hard disk after: Never Allow Hybrid Sleep: Off

:)

D_C_S, Sep 7, 2021
  2. goosmurf Win User

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen

1. Computer shuts down after entering the lock screen - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  3. screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down: My laptop using Windows 10 has suddenly encountered two problems: The screen will display "lock screen" for 1 or 2 seconds and shut down. This is seemingly random, as it doesn't appear associated with any particular website. The timing is also random, sometimes occurring...
  4. My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...
  5. Laptop shuts down after entering password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop shuts down after entering password: I have a laptop and it keeps on shutting down after I enter the correct password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-after-entering-password/da9d9d3b-378a-40e4-8656-f3c0f4469381
  6. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  7. Black screen after shutting down the computer

Black screen after shutting down the computer: I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff...
  8. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  9. Lock screen is shutting down my apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen is shutting down my apps: Hi there, When I lock my laptop to go and do something elsewhere, it shuts down the apps that were running at the time. This is something that has just started happening. The two apps to which this has happened are Outlook 2013 & Virtual Weather Station. Please, can...
  10. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...