Windows 10: Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however...

Discus and support Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a computer 3 years ago, and a few months ago I installed a new graphics card 3060ti It seemed to work fine for about a week or two and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fleespecal, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however...

I built a computer 3 years ago, and a few months ago I installed a new graphics card 3060ti It seemed to work fine for about a week or two and when I moved it, the problem began. This does not necessarily mean it was because of the movement of my setup but it could be. When I am playing games the computer seemingly "black-screens" the monitors show no signal while the computer lights stay on and fans stay running. I hear some audio but not all, and the computer usually restarts itself after a few minutes. I have closely monitored temperatures and GPU is safely around 70 Celsius under the heaviest load before it shuts off, and my CPU a mere 40-50 Celsius. The computer only shuts down when playing intensive games, but it has happened on rocket league which is confusing. It seems the more power that is drawn the higher chance it shuts off. I have well enough power in my power supply, a corsair 650 watt bronze 80+ with my 3060ti 6gb, i5 8600k and 16gb ram should have absolutely no problem from what I looked up. I have updated drivers, used different wall outlets, used different cables, checked for viruses, and fully cleaned my computer. There are a few other things I've tried but I won't mention because I may have not done a full enough job trying to fix it in that area. Is there any possible solution to my problem? I've scoured the internet for answers.

:)

fleespecal, Feb 23, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 23, 2021
  4. Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however...

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however...

1. Computer shuts down after graphics card installation when under heaven load, however... - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer shuts down under weird circumstances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down under weird circumstances: My computer likes to shut down randomly when playing certain games, and under certain circumstances. It's shut down to Fortnite, Sea of thieves *only when being in a crew with someone else* and forza horizon 4. After reinstalling fortnite, the fortnite stops causing my...
  3. LiveKernelEvent 144 shut down under heavy load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent 144 shut down under heavy load: Hello, I am getting a hardware problem error with a problem event name "LiveKernelEvent" and a code of 144. When I play games that are heavy loaded like elden ring, It will just stut down. I have stress test it with OCCT and gpu can pass it for an hour. Description:...
  4. LiveKernelEvent 144 shut down under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent 144 shut down under heavy load: Hello, I am getting a hardware problem error with a problem event name "LiveKernelEvent" and a code of 144. When I play games that are heavy loaded like elden ring, It will just stut down. I have stress test it with OCCT and gpu can pass it for an hour. Description:...
  5. LiveKernelEvent 144 shut down under heavy load

6. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  7. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  8. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

9. Computer crashes under heavy graphics load

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashes under heavy graphics load: Hey 10forums. I've been having this issue for a long time and i've been trying to get it figured out. Whenever i play a graphics intensive game (Or any game really). My screens go black, audio cuts out, and my fans spin up to 100%. Only way to recover is to restart the entire...
  10. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...