Windows 10: Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ScubaPongo, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running Windows 10 for some time I have to believe this is coming from a recent Windows Update. Hibernation works perfectly fine... it is only sleep mode... and when I resume or 'wake up' the computer it just shuts down.

The only thing of any relevance I am noticing in the event viewer is :

Kernel-Power with event id 41 which just means it shut down unexpectedly.

This happens when the it is plugged in - not running on battery - and even then I just purchased a new battery within the last year so I can't believe this to be power related.

Things I have tried or checked :

- bios is most current, default, etc (it has not changed in years so this cannot be the issue)

- graphics is running the latest driver (has not changed in years so this cannot be the issue)

- tested with all external usb unplugged just for sake of testing and nothing changed

- using hibernation works perfectly fine - only sleep mode has a problem

- ran scannow /sfc and nothing was found

- checked memory and nothing was found

- checked drive and nothing was found

Nothing significant has been changed on this laptop that corresponds to when this problem started.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    8gb ram

I only have sleep and hibernate options as shown in the picture (no hybrid versions) :

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode bdb49724-6703-4dc6-a048-d5e8b816ce9f?upload=true.jpg

Nothing has really changed on this laptop in terms of hardware, software, etc and sleep mode always functioned perfectly fine. It has only been recently that this problem has come about which makes me think it might be related to a Windows Update that occurred.

What else can I look for or try? I see many other people with the same issue, but haven't found anything that solves the problem.

:)

ScubaPongo, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Heshie75v Win User

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

1. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  3. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  4. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  5. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Groove shutting down or crashing after computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove shutting down or crashing after computer wakes up from sleep mode: Whenever I have groove open while my computer is in sleep mode and when I wake up my computer fromm sleep mode it turns off or crashes.i have tried running an sfc scan and tried uninstalling and reinstalling groove but it still happens...
  7. Computer keeps shutting down from bug checks. Computer doesn't wake from sleep mode.

Computer keeps shutting down from bug checks. Computer doesn't wake from sleep mode.: Hello, For the past few weeks my computer has not been going into sleep mode properly, sometimes it just hangs but most of the time it simply shuts down. I recently scanned my drives for errors CBS log attached and have provided the file from the most recent bug check...
  8. Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.

Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.: The common 'Warnings' I see in event viewer are: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\7&138e2f98&0&0001. & at the 'error' level: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  9. PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.: After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down. I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ? Thanks 101154
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer chuts down when waking from sleep