Windows 10: Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

Discus and support Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for the past week where it would shut down at random and restart multiple times a day. Similar to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FredDouglas1, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for the past week where it would shut down at random and restart multiple times a day. Similar to what the following person on this thread is experiencing:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/f4a7196d-cda2-40a0-98f3-61c4642fdd51?page=1

This is my system log from when my computer was shutting down the most: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AheNlX_BZlY5agC8PkJic3wen9E?e=yPbg9g

This is my current system log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AheNlX_BZlY5a49-JUasW8DA9Rw?e=0cerye

How do I determine what driver is causing the shutdowns from looking at the logs? What's weird is that for the past few hours my computer has been fine, but I'm afraid it'll happen again.

Let me know if you need anything else.

:)

FredDouglas1, Dec 27, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random :confused:*Mad Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 27, 2019
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

1. Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random - Similar Threads - Computer Shuts Down

2. Computer randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly shut down.: Hello. I was playing Beyond Blue, on a PC I just recently installed a RX 580 in, and the computer just randomly shut down. I'm trying to figure out why it happened. I'm wondering if the 450 watt PSU isn't enough. I'm using:Intel Core i7-670016GB DDR3-1600 RAMRX 580Event...
  3. Computer "randomly" shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  4. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  5. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  6. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutting down randomly: For the past month my Surface Pro 6 has been shutting down randomly. I've tried everything I could find but nothing works.I recently checked event viewer and found thisThe process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe <Computername> has initiated the power off of computer...
  8. COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN: My computer has been randomly shutting down for about a month or so. Sometimes it's days in between the shut downs and sometimes it can be a couple times a day. I have listed the CRITICAL error below. I have replaced a drive that I thought was problematic but that didn't stop...
  9. Computer randomly shutting down and restarting without BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shutting down and restarting without BSOD: Hi, I built this computer a couple of days ago and it worked without any problems. Today it started just shutting down for a split second and then it starts windows again. No Error Messages no nothing. The lights stay on and the fans keep spinning. I stress tested...
  10. Computer Shuts Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shuts Down Randomly: So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never...