Windows 10: Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected

Discus and support Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does my pc shut down whenever I connect my keyboard? I tried anti-virus, still didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steven PhilipGodoy, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected

Why does my pc shut down whenever I connect my keyboard? I tried anti-virus, still didn't work.

:)

Steven PhilipGodoy, Jul 27, 2021

2. Computer Shut Down automatically

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Did you make any hardware changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    You may use Windows 10 installation disc/USB to
    perform automatic repair by creating a Media Creation Tool. Use the link below to create the media tool.

Refer: Windows 10 herunterladen

Note: Before performing the Automatic repair please go through the above link and follow the steps.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected

My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected

1. Computer shuts down automatically when keyboard connected - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  3. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  4. My computer is shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is shutting down automatically: Hey guys I was using windows 8.1 for quite a while but then I decided to upgrade to win 10. I finished the installation perfectly and the computer is working fine but it started to shutdown after approximately 6 or 7 mins. I changed the sleep mode timer to never but still the...
  5. Shut down computer automatically after sometime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down computer automatically after sometime: Can someone tell me how to automatically completely shut down my desktop computer, not laptop, after a period of non use. I use windows 10 ***Original title: shut down desk topcomputer***...
  6. Keyboard shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shuts down computer: Hi, I have a desktop computer that I have been using for quite a while. Recently my computer started to shut down on its own. After a while of tinkering I saw that whenever I plugged in the keyboard it would shut down. After trying a lot of things I decided to format the...
  7. Computer shuts down when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle: Hi. Right after installing yesterday’s Windows Updates, my computer started shutting down after being idle (or as soon as the screensaver came on). I’ve run Avast! and Maleware Bytes — both are clear, and I’ve tried clearing my browsers’ cache. Nothing seems to work....
  8. Automatic shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  9. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...
  10. Computer shuts down when idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle?: have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have missed something somewhere? after 20 minutes or so the PC shuts itself off..... any ideas? I originally suspected a non...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard makes computer shut down

2. pc shutting down when keyboard connected

3. Computer will turn off if i connect keyboard

4. when i plug my keyboard my computer will automatically hibernate or shutdown