Windows 10: Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am

Discus and support Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Speedy IV, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Speedy IV Win User

Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am

Hello,

Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this computer on 24/7. Since that day, I have found the machine shut down every morning. I would think the problem is tied to this version of Windows except the first occurrence happened before the OS update.

So Far - I have used Event Viewer to look at Administrative Events but don't see Error or Critical Error events prior to the shutdowns. I have noted when the last entry was, so I know that the shutdowns occur between 6:00am and 7:00am. I don't see any log files in C:\Windows that have entries around the shutdown time. Reliability Monitor shows "Windows was not shut down properly" but the entry is time stamped after I restart the computer. There are no concerning entries prior to the shutdowns.

BIOS - The BIOS is at defaults (no overclocking). Specs below. I know it is weird to have 2 different RAM kits installed. The 2x16GB kit is for my next build but I went ahead and installed the DIMMs into this machine to test them. Even though they are all 3200MHz CL14 rated DIMMs, they are all running at JDEC standard and have been running this way for months.

Corsair AIO Water Cooler - I have had issues in the past with the Corsair AIO water cooler whacking out and letting the CPU overheat, but that was resolved by using RPM control instead of PWM control for the pump speed due to Corsair firmware bugs. I don't think this is the cause because I run a program called SIV that monitors the pump speed and logs anytime the it goes under 1800RPM (normal is ~2800RPM) and that log has no recent entries.

Help - I am looking for guidance on where else to look in Event Viewer, or wherever else, for clues to what is causing these daily shut downs. If I navigate to Applications Services and Logs - Microsoft - Windows, there are dozens of folders but I don't know which ones to look in.

Specs:

Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build)
    CPU - Intel i7-8700K
    MOBO - Asus Maximus Hero WIFI
    RAM - G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZR - 2x16G DDR4 RAM
    RAM - G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GTZR - 2x8GB DDR4 RAM
    GPU - Nvidia Titan GPU
    PSU - EVGA 1000G3 PSU
    AIO - Corsair H110i AIO Water Cooler
    OS Drive - NVME - Samsung 960Pro 512GB
    Data Drive - NVME - Samsung 970Pro 512GB
    Data Drives (PCIE SSD) 2 x Intel SSDSC2BW240A4 205GB
    Data Drive (PCIE SSD) Samsung 850Pro 512GB
    Data Drive - Platter - Western Digital Black (WDC2003FZEX) 2TB
    Data Drive - USB - SeaGate Backup Plus 2TB - Windows File History Backup Drive
    Data Drive - USB - SeaGate Backup Plus 2TB - Macrium Reflect Backup Drive

Thanks!

:)

Speedy IV, Oct 12, 2020
  2. nj7_ Win User

All day appointments at 6am!!!!

Because You have an appointement at 6am with rpeat function all day! You must find that appointement and delete it. Make a sync with Outlook, list all appointements, see where is that 6am one, and go to phone and "delete".

3. Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer

Message started running at 10pm last night when I attempted to shut the machine down - this morning at 6AM was still running /spinning

Booted the machine and the message continues to run -

suggestions?

thanks

Rick

RickyLaneMorton, Oct 12, 2020
  4. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shut down: HelloI had downloaded AMD graphic and my computer started acting up. It would shutdown within 5 min.I managed to uninstall amd graphics.Then I was doing an reset of the computer. But at 36% it automatically shut down .Please help me what should I do?...
  3. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  4. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  5. Computer is on every morning?

Computer is on every morning?: Microsoft Community I have a Lenovo T14 Gen 1 that is running Windows 10, version 2004. I started noticing that my laptop is on every morning. I initially thought that maybe it was getting hung up when shutting it off in the evening but that doesn't seem to be an issue. It...
  6. Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am: Hello, Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this computer on 24/7. Since that day, I have found the machine shut down every morning. I would think the problem is tied to this...
  7. WiFi shuts off every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi shuts off every morning: Every morning when I log into my Surface Laptop 2 around 8am my home network shows the “no internet, secured” thing until around 10:00 when it turns on. I’ve got online classes, and literally have to use my phone for the first 3 classes. Any suggestions or help? submitted by...
  8. PC Automatically shuts down between 11PM and 7AM every couple of mins, can't find source?

PC Automatically shuts down between 11PM and 7AM every couple of mins, can't find source?: This has been going on for over a year now, merely a month after i built this PC.i know a fair bit about computers but still got a long way to go. I don't know much, but i do know that i couldn't find any tasks in task scheduler, and that windows powercell also came up...
  9. Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Shutting Down: Hello - can anyone help with this problem please? My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked; The load is usually...
  10. Update this morning shut down my monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Update this morning shut down my monitors: My setup is a Dell XPS 8700 with Geforce 640 card, and I currently run 5 monitors(via USB) with that setup, and have for a while now. When I ran today's Windows update, it disabled two of my monitors. They're still powered on, but black screen and the computer isn't...