Windows 10: Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues?

Discus and support Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Computer shuts down could it be battery in the tower?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjcspider, Apr 18, 2021.

1. kjcspider Win User

Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues?

Computer shuts down could it be battery in the tower?

:)

kjcspider, Apr 18, 2021

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer shuts down i check power settings and said no issues? - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. computer shut down/crashing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer shut down/crashing issue: So my computer has been crashing ever since i got it but still dont know why. its been about 7 months since i have it and sometime it just randomly stops working the screen freezes and there's a loud bugging noise that appears as well. It feels like it happens mostly not too...
  3. computer shut down/crashing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer shut down/crashing issue: So my computer has been crashing ever since i got it but still dont know why. its been about 7 months since i have it and sometime it just randomly stops working the screen freezes and there's a loud bugging noise that appears as well. It feels like it happens mostly not too...
  4. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  5. Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats: #1 So I have fixed all the problems I have encountered with my pc for the past 7 ish years, browsing through forums, hit and miss etc. but this is the first time I am posting to publicly ask for help. I've never encountered this and cant find it anywhere. I have a pc that...
  6. Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep

Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep: Since Windows installed v. 2004 this PC shuts off each time I close a program. It is set to Sleep. My settings are: Power and Sleep... SCREEN: turn off = NEVER SLEEP: goes to sleep = NEVER Additional Power Settings... Preferred...
  7. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  8. Kernel Power 41; Computer Shutting Down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41; Computer Shutting Down Unexpectedly: Hello all, I have been experiencing this particular issue for several years now. To be clear, I am not getting a BSOD...the computer simply powers off as if it was unplugged from the wall, only to turn back on a few seconds later. The oldest record currently on my machine...
  9. Kernel Power 41; Computer Shutting Down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel Power 41; Computer Shutting Down Unexpectedly: Hello all, I have been experiencing this particular issue for several years now. To be clear, I am not getting a BSOD...the computer simply powers off as if it was unplugged from the wall, only to turn back on a few seconds later. The oldest record currently on my machine...
  10. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...