Windows 10: Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

Discus and support Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a brand new Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, it will shut down on its own after 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FPKSK, Jul 18, 2020.

1. FPKSK Win User

Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

Hello,

I just purchased a brand new Lenovo laptop w/ Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, it will shut down on its own after 30 minutes-1 hour. I find this out as I try to wake it up from sleep and it does not awake. When I turn it on, I can see that the computer shut down improperly. My work is lost and if I look in the event viewer, I see "the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." I have no idea what could be causing this. I have looked at the power settings and they are not revealing of any explanation.

I even tried to put the computer into hibernate mode and the same thing occurred: it shut down improperly during it. I have tried to "reset the pc" through a reinstall of windows through the system, and the same problem is there.

Any suggestions to troubleshooting/fixing this? This is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you.

:)

FPKSK, Jul 18, 2020

2. computer shuts down in sleep mode

My computer is shutting down in sleep mode. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times and nothing is resolving this issue. We have tried system restore, changing power functions and they actually did a manual upgrade and it's still shutting down. I am
    concerned having to turn the computer back on is going to damage the life of the computer. Any other suggestions?

dale a.lorenz, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

sleep mode shuts down computer

Sleep mode shuts down computer, how do i correct this?

SuzanneMacomber, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode

1. Computer shuts down improperly during sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  3. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  4. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  5. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  6. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  7. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  8. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.: I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes. Really apprecaite the assistance, Kilen[IMG]...
  9. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  10. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...