Windows 10: Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Discus and support Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to solve a problem I keep having on my laptop - every time I press sleep, it shuts down (meaning I lose everything I had open) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by decci21, May 12, 2019.

1. decci21 Win User

Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Does anyone know how to solve a problem I keep having on my laptop - every time I press sleep, it shuts down (meaning I lose everything I had open) and every time I leave it on for more than 10 minutes without use, it shuts down also - since I can't press the sleep button as it goes off instead, I was leaving it on, but it's shutting down anyways. Anyone has had the same problem, and found a way to solve it? I checked the power settings, all seems normal. I've also restarted it and still nothing changes. I've also tried to re-install a driver, nothing has changed. Practically tried all option I found online.

Need to solve this ASAP as I keep losing all my university work, and I'm currently during my exam period

Thanks in advance.

:)

decci21, May 12, 2019

2. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernate

Good afternoon,

My pc shuts down instead of going to sleep. When I press the on/off button, the sleepbutton, close the lid, or click on 'sleep' in the startmenu, my computer "pretends" going to sleep: the ledlight on the case is blinking, as if the system is sleeping.

But, when I want to wake up the computer, it does not wake up, but it restarts. All applications are closed, unsaved work is vanished, et cetera...

The problem is there: 'fast boot' enabeled or not.

The problem has arrived just a couple of days ago, just after a windows upgrade

(which it does without my approval)

What I have already tried (and failed):

Who will help me?

Sincerely,

Brecht

System configuration:

Asus N551jk

Intel Core I7

Gefore GTX 850m

Windows 10

BrechtLauwers, May 12, 2019
  3. Sanchezoo Win User
    Desktop Shutting Down Instead of Going to Sleep

After the recent Windows 10 update, April 2017, my computer started shutting down instead of going to sleep. My settings have not changed and are still set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. When the computer was updating it did get stuck on a reboot. I had
    to shut it down manually and restart it. After I did that I rechecked for updates and it said my computer is up to date.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sanchezoo, May 12, 2019
  4. Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

1. Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's... - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  3. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  4. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  6. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  8. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  9. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  10. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. instead computer stand by shuts down