Windows 10: Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Discus and support Computer shuts down instead of sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CalebTaylor3, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked.

Checked my disk with HD Tune

Error Scan

Short Generic
    Long Generic

Event Viewer File

Log.evtx

System Information

Screenshot

or text VVVVV

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name LAPTOP-SVPNEK8F

System Manufacturer LENOVO

System Model 80FG

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU LENOVO_MT_80FG_BU_idea_FM_Lenovo Z70-80

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO ABCN96WW, 9/22/2015

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 1.96

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO

BaseBoard Product Lenovo Z70-80

BaseBoard Version SDK0J40709 WIN

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.267"

User Name LAPTOP-SVPNEK8F\Caleb

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 8.10 GB

Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory 11.0 GB

Page File Space 2.88 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

CalebTaylor3, Aug 22, 2019

2. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.)

Suggestions?

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1803 Build 17134.471

Dell XPS 9530

IAMOPERAFLUTE, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernate

Good afternoon,

My pc shuts down instead of going to sleep. When I press the on/off button, the sleepbutton, close the lid, or click on 'sleep' in the startmenu, my computer "pretends" going to sleep: the ledlight on the case is blinking, as if the system is sleeping.

But, when I want to wake up the computer, it does not wake up, but it restarts. All applications are closed, unsaved work is vanished, et cetera...

The problem is there: 'fast boot' enabeled or not.

The problem has arrived just a couple of days ago, just after a windows upgrade

(which it does without my approval)

What I have already tried (and failed):

Who will help me?

Sincerely,

Brecht

System configuration:

Asus N551jk

Intel Core I7

Gefore GTX 850m

Windows 10

BrechtLauwers, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Computer shuts down instead of sleep

1. Computer shuts down instead of sleep - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  3. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  4. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  5. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  6. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  7. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.: Greetings, everyone! <3 I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me. Here are my PC specs mind you it's PC, not a laptop: Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz RAM: 4 GB Hard: 120 GB SSD System type: 64-bit...
  10. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo c340 shuts down instead of sleep