Windows 10: Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup

Discus and support Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 pro and I have a persistent problem. I have re-installed windows 10 about 4 times, and the same problem keeps coming back. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lordbyronxxiv, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup

I am running Windows 10 pro and I have a persistent problem. I have re-installed windows 10 about 4 times, and the same problem keeps coming back. When I start my computer, it will finish post, then as soon as windows starts to load the computer shuts down. I can then restart the machine, and everything boots up fine, and the computer runs fine no problem. The frustrating thing about this issue, is that it doesn't start happening until after windows has been installed for several months, at this point I am not sure what to do. I took it to Fry's Electronics to have their technicians look at it, they swapped out my motherboard and memory and graphics card and power supply, one at a time of course, to try to see if it was a hardware issue. They couldn't find anything, eventually saying it was a bad windows install, so they re-installed windows, worked fine for a while then the problem came back. Any help is appreciated.

system:
    asus Maximus hero VI
    samsung evo 840 ssd drive
    i7 4770k processor
    gtx 760 graphics card
    16 Gig RAM
    corsair 700 watt power supply
    corsair h100i gtx water cool system

:)

lordbyronxxiv, Sep 23, 2016
  2. JoRene Win User

Problem with Win 10 shutdown?

I have noticed that EVERY time I start windows 10 it is generating an error that it did not shut down cleanly and also that fast startup has failed. (possibly linked). I always shut down the computer (laptop) by clicking on "power" and then "shut down"
    and wait for it to shut down. The battery is permanently installed, so there is no loss of power that would prevent a shutdown and it appears to shut down correctly. What is causing the error? I'm assuming the fast startup fails because of the need for
    a different kind of startup after the computer thinks it was not shut down correctly.

This was a clean install of Windows 10 (new install) under bootcamp on a MacBook in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

(There are other errors that occur every time I run windows but I will post them separately. They refer to drivers that do no load.

JoRene, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Computer Turns On Automatically at Random

have you disabled fast startup and wake on LAN settings? wake on LAN could cause your computer to wake from hibernation since by default windows 10 doesnt actually "shut down" disable fast startup then it will actually "shut down"

Logan L. Johnson, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup

Do you get as far as the login screen? Are there any relevant error messages in Event Viewer? Does the PC actually power off or is the power still on with a blank screen?

Some ideas:

• Do you have another disk connected apart from your system disk which has an active partition since that can confuse the boot process? You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to check partitions and change them to inactive.
    • Turn off fast startup if turned on.
    • Check you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard & set defaults
    • If using UEFI boot only, does your GPU have a UEFI BIOS? If not, set CSM compatibility mode.

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup

1. Computer shuts down on Windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  3. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  4. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Computer Shuts down after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer Shuts down after startup.: My PC turns on, and it loads fine. Once it is finished loading however, it automatically opens something called system32 cmd or something like that. After this being open for about half a minute, it shows the "Shutting Down..." screen, and shuts down. How do i fix this...
  6. Windows shuts down on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shuts down on startup: Hi guys, I really need some help about this: I was using my laptop this afternoon and it suddenly shuts down without a warning. Then I tried to start it again and it just shuts down while entering the login password. This happened like 3 or 4 times in a row. After this I...
  7. Windows 10 will not shut down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not shut down computer: When I click to shut down the computer, it always restarts, never shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-shut-down-computer/b01a1792-7f36-437f-a43a-b85ae5b8651a
  8. Computer shutting down soon after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  9. Network shutting down on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network shutting down on startup: Hi I have weird problem if there's topic already created sorry in advance. So i put my computer to sleep and let's say i wake it up 5 mins later, what happens? My internet icon goes to red then a minute later it goes to yellow, then again red and again yellow, in 3rd...
  10. Shut Down Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Shut Down Computer in Windows 10: How to: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 How to Shut Down the Computer in Windows 10 If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, then you could shut down (turn off) the PC. A shutdown will close all apps, sign out all users, and completely turn off the PC. Hybrid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 shuts down on start up