Windows 10: computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

Discus and support computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JianChengLu, Oct 10, 2019.

1. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled

:)

JianChengLu, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Gilletter Win User

System shut off randomly

Last night after exiting a game (Diablo 3) blue screen error popped up saying there was an issue, and system would restart. Upon splash screen of windows 8 computer would power off by itself.

Event Viewer shows this
    "The system was shut down due to a critical thermal event.
    Shutdown Time = ‎2013‎-‎03‎-‎12T08:06:45.055143800Z
    ACPI Thermal Zone = \_TZ.THRM
    _CRT = 338K"
    "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for ."
    "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Thermal shut down I assume and losing power... Thermal as in CPU got too hot, or could it be a failing power supply???

Need a little help diagnosing this problem, since the system now boots up just fine... Thanks in advance for any input!

Gilletter, Oct 10, 2019
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" :confused:*Mad computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 10, 2019
  4. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

System randomly shuts down during gameplay

Recently my system has begun randomly shutting down while playing various games, mostly Final Fantasy XI. I am not overclocking and my cpu temp, while using core temp, looks just fine (never more than 50 C). My power supply should be able to handle my setup and my motherboard and RAM is relatively new. Does anyone have any suggestions? This whole thing is getting very frustrating and any help would be most appreciated. *Smile computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" :)

Mugenakuma, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

1. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" - Similar Threads - computer shuts down

2. Random shut-down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  3. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  4. Computer Shuts Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shuts Down Randomly: So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never...
  5. Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Shutting Down: Hello - can anyone help with this problem please? My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked; The load is usually...
  6. The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE

The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE: I am receiving an error message the my operating system did not shut down cleanly. I saw the posts on here to perform a Hard Shut down, then Advanced Option - Startup Repair and System Restore. I got that to work but I do not have my previous employees password and she...
  7. The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power

The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power: I have been getting this Event ID: 41 I in the past had several of these and changed motherboard which seems have fixed the issue, however it seems to have returned again. The last previous was back in 2016-12-02 this morning I get up to my main business computer/server has...
  8. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...
  9. shutting down system

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down system: For some reason my system will not shut down and turn off completely under windows 10; only my monitor will go into power save mode but my system itself will just restart. Is this because I have a board that is not windows 10 compatible and the fact that its using just very...
  10. Shut down computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer: Hello, Yesterday before going to bed, I went to shut-down the computer as always, it takes about 20-30 seconds. On screen had the usual notice something like 'shuting-down..', screen went black and I left the room. Then before going to bed I checked again and see the light...