Windows 10: Computer Shuts Down Randomly

Discus and support Computer Shuts Down Randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, Jun 9, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Computer Shuts Down Randomly

So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never reboots. It will stay on though. I will have to manually turn it off, then turn it back on. What can I do to check and see if my components are good? They should be. They are like 2.5 years old. I bought all of them at the same time.

:)

vgkfan83, Jun 9, 2019

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Jun 9, 2019
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer Shuts Down Randomly :confused:*Mad Computer Shuts Down Randomly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Shuts Down Randomly - Similar Threads - Computer Shuts Down

2. Computer randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly shut down.: Hello. I was playing Beyond Blue, on a PC I just recently installed a RX 580 in, and the computer just randomly shut down. I'm trying to figure out why it happened. I'm wondering if the 450 watt PSU isn't enough. I'm using:Intel Core i7-670016GB DDR3-1600 RAMRX 580Event...
  3. Computer randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly shut down.: Hello. I was playing Beyond Blue, on a PC I just recently installed a RX 580 in, and the computer just randomly shut down. I'm trying to figure out why it happened. I'm wondering if the 450 watt PSU isn't enough. I'm using:Intel Core i7-670016GB DDR3-1600 RAMRX 580Event...
  4. computer randomly shuts down

computer randomly shuts down: computer randomly shuts down while gamingi have a new install of windows 11 and upon trying to trouble shoot it myself this is the information i could find 'The previous system shutdown at 13:38:51 on ‎01/‎09/‎2023 was unexpected.'this has happened at least a dozen times in...
  5. Computer "randomly" shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  6. Computer "randomly" shut down

Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  7. Computer randomly shut down

Computer randomly shut down: I have a crashing issue with my pc, it has gotten a lil better since I swapped out my 1000W power supply for a 1300W power supply. but it recently crashed today under a minimal load, only really running a youtube...
  8. Computer shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutting down randomly: For the past month my Surface Pro 6 has been shutting down randomly. I've tried everything I could find but nothing works.I recently checked event viewer and found thisThe process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe <Computername> has initiated the power off of computer...
  9. COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN: My computer has been randomly shutting down for about a month or so. Sometimes it's days in between the shut downs and sometimes it can be a couple times a day. I have listed the CRITICAL error below. I have replaced a drive that I thought was problematic but that didn't stop...
  10. computer randomly shuts down....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly shuts down....: So my computer randomly shuts down when playing games and i have no clue why but i am checking the windows event viewer and it pulls up a few different warnings and i dont know what they are or what to do..... The application-specific permission settings do not grant...