Windows 10: Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

Discus and support Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NikhilGupta_870, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I continue to keep any key pressed on keyboard.I have reinstalled windows by formatting the hard drive and restored the BIOS too but the problem still exists.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

NikhilGupta_870, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Computer Shuts Down When Woken From Sleep Mode

I've had Windows 10 for a while but recently my Acer desktop computer shuts down every time I wake it from sleep mode by pressing a key. This happens whatever length of time the computer has been in sleep mode.

I've tried suggested solutions like .power and sleep options, but nothing works.

I would very much appreciate a solution to this problem. Thanks.

ShazStargazer, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Jim8080 Win User

Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed. [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

1. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed. - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer "randomly" shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  3. Press the computer key Teb to shut down the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Press the computer key Teb to shut down the computer: I took out the computer storage space and deleted it to organize files at the door, but the key Teb connection computer can be shut down, the Esc execution computer can be arranged, pressing number 1 on the keyboard refreshes, and typing on the keyboard does not match the...
  4. Press the computer key Teb to shut down the computer

Press the computer key Teb to shut down the computer: I took out the computer storage space and deleted it to organize files at the door, but the key Teb connection computer can be shut down, the Esc execution computer can be arranged, pressing number 1 on the keyboard refreshes, and typing on the keyboard does not match the...
  5. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  6. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  7. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.: My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I...
  8. Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shuts down/sleeps unless any random key on computer is pressed.: My laptop has been working fine since forever but after the last updates,It has just gotten into a habit of shutting down unless I keep any key pressed.Once it shuts down/Sleeps...any long press fixes the issues and it comes back to life,However it only stays awake if I...
  9. Computer Shuts Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shuts Down Randomly: So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never...
  10. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.: I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes. Really apprecaite the assistance, Kilen[IMG]...