Windows 10: Computer shuts down when idle?

Discus and support Computer shuts down when idle? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muffy, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Muffy Win User

Computer shuts down when idle?

have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have missed something somewhere? after 20 minutes or so the PC shuts itself off..... any ideas?

I originally suspected a non standard heatsink on the asus mobo but ruled that out with rpm set to 100.

Never mind: just saw this post
    Computer restarts when idle after upgrade to Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Muffy, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Docperian Win User

Computer shuts down when restoring previous version

I have attempted to use the Installation media to restore my windows, but it seems to not be able to find a restore point. I know for a fact I've created them within the last week andse no reason it wouldnt be able to find one. The option for "reset this
    computer" does not seem to be available, and startup repair/go back to previous version both fail.

I have attempted cmd bootrec /fixboot in all relevant partitions and recieve "acess is denied" in all of them.

Docperian, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Docperian Win User
    Computer shuts down when restoring previous version

I'm unable to reach the login screen, there were no error codes to my knowledge and I haven't installed anything or altered any major settings within the last week.

As my computer is currently in this state I dont have the means to make the Win10 iso file myself, though I will attempt to get a friend to do so.

Docperian, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

Computer shuts down when idle?

1. Computer shuts down when idle? - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  3. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win 10 shuts down when Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 shuts down when Idle: Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution. I too have tried all the tips & tricks without success. This issue is fairly new for my PC. Never had this happen until a few months ago. It is very...
  8. Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds: Hi, I have had a new surface for 4 days now, and just today I have started experiencing issues with the machine turning itself off after ~30 seconds of inactivity. If the mouse isn't moved / no keys pressed, it will not even make it login screen before turning itself off,...
  9. Computer shuts down when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle: Hi. Right after installing yesterday’s Windows Updates, my computer started shutting down after being idle (or as soon as the screensaver came on). I’ve run Avast! and Maleware Bytes — both are clear, and I’ve tried clearing my browsers’ cache. Nothing seems to work....
  10. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shuts down when idle