Windows 10: Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device

Discus and support Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Some users encountered a weird issue where the Windows computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device. This issue usually occurs due to a bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 24, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device

Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device [​IMG]
    Some users encountered a weird issue where the Windows computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device. This issue usually occurs due to a bad USB device driver, a faulty USB device, or a faulty USB port. However, other hardware issues can also cause this problem on a Windows computer. If you experience this […]

This article Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 24, 2024
  2. CLY
    cly Win User

PC Shuts down on USB connect

I took a look inside. THere is not much that can be wrong with the wiring. Its pretty straight forward. If it was a faulty PSU wouldn't I actually have to plug the USB device into the USB slot. Like I had said earlier the computer shuts off when I just make contact with the USB plug.

3. Widjaja Win User
    Lightning Storm makes my computer to produce sound of a removable device plug-off

The Aliens are coming.
    First step to World domination, unplug USB devices.

Widjaja, May 24, 2024
  4. sigi_m Win User

Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen

sigi_m, May 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Computer shuts down when plugging in a USB device - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  4. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  5. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  6. Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer: Hi everyone, My computer started to not boot into Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and it just sat on a black screen. I then went into BIOS and checked but I couldn't alter anything which might've helped. The blue recovery screen appeared and I have re-installed windows...
  7. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when plugged in.: I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I...
  8. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In: My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019. At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was accidentally plugged in to this laptop. The plugs are similar, and it actually fit and charged the laptop briefly, but I...
  9. New USB devices plugged in stop being recognized, computer no longer shuts down properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New USB devices plugged in stop being recognized, computer no longer shuts down properly: Hello! I've been having a recurring problem where, at one point can be as soon as after 24 hours, when coming back from work, all my USB drives will completely ignore new USB devices being plugged in. If they were already plugged in, they will keep working provided I don't...
  10. Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in: When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-when-usb-is-plugged-in/8dd1bc79-9fc3-40a6-8374-706a09b124d3