Windows 10: Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Discus and support Computer shuts down when put to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JenStephensJS, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I got the computer a week ago, and have checked done all available updates. I've also disabled Fast Start Up as a suggested fix. I've run the Troubleshooter as well, and it found no problems. This is really frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

JenStephensJS, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer shuts down when put to sleep

1. Computer shuts down when put to sleep - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  5. Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?: Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"? In window 10, it never happen to me. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-when-i-put-it-to/7c3f1f50-8265-48ff-a600-b3a2092302e8
  6. Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"?: Why is my computer shutting down when I put it to just "sleep"? In window 10, it never happen to me. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-shutting-down-when-i-put-it-to/7c3f1f50-8265-48ff-a600-b3a2092302e8
  7. PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  8. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pc shuts down on sleep

2. PC shuts down when put in sleep

3. pc shuts down if put to sleep

4. cmoputer shuts down when put to sleep,
  5. computer shuts down when put to sleep,
  6. after put to sleep computer shuts down microsoft