Windows 10: Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

Discus and support Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sigi_m, Dec 11, 2019.

1. sigi_m Win User

Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in

When I plug an USB flash drive, the computer shuts down and display the blue screen

:)

sigi_m, Dec 11, 2019
  2. CLY
    cly Win User

PC Shuts down on USB connect

I took a look inside. THere is not much that can be wrong with the wiring. Its pretty straight forward. If it was a faulty PSU wouldn't I actually have to plug the USB device into the USB slot. Like I had said earlier the computer shuts off when I just make contact with the USB plug.

3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2019
  4. jer1 Win User

How do I get Win.10 to recognize a USB plug-in?

I will try to go step by step. I download ver. 4.5 9.
    1. Setup has finished copying files to computer.
    2.Plug Spyder in before launching Spyder4 Elite. I plug in Spyder
    3. click next
    4. I launch Spy.4 Elite. It says please select your sensor from following dialog. (Nothing in dialog to select)
    5. A window comes up that says no sensor detected, and below is Spyder4 ccp 156 131331(0x20103). I looked at there site and it had an error Ref.#1564807421 Error code 131331error message no sensor detected.

Thema:

1. Computer shuts down when USB is plugged in - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  4. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  5. Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slows down dramatically when plugged in: Computer: Microsoft Surface Book 2CPU: Intel Pentium 4415yRAM: 8GB 1600ghzWhen I plug in my computer, everything is fine up until about 15 minutes later when the computer slows down to a screeching halt. I don't think this is thermal throttling, as when I'm doing my normal...
  6. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when plugged in.: I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I...
  7. Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shuts Down When Cord Plugged In: My laptop is an Asus K571GT with Windows 10 that I bought in November of 2019. At one point recently, the power cord for an HP Pavilion 15-n100 was accidentally plugged in to this laptop. The plugs are similar, and it actually fit and charged the laptop briefly, but I...
  8. Computer shuts down when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle: Hi. Right after installing yesterday’s Windows Updates, my computer started shutting down after being idle (or as soon as the screensaver came on). I’ve run Avast! and Maleware Bytes — both are clear, and I’ve tried clearing my browsers’ cache. Nothing seems to work....
  9. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...
  10. Computer shuts down when idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle?: have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have missed something somewhere? after 20 minutes or so the PC shuts itself off..... any ideas? I originally suspected a non...