Windows 10: Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process

Discus and support Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Seems to happen each time I try this update. When are start the computer back up it undoes the failed update. Can someone tell me why this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bpilati, Oct 30, 2020.

1. bpilati Win User

Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process

Seems to happen each time I try this update. When are start the computer back up it undoes the failed update. Can someone tell me why this is happening, and how to correct it.

I'm running Win 10 Pro Version 1909 64 bit on a i7-2600K, 16GB DRAM, 240 GB SSD C: drive 97GB free, plus 1TB disk drive, Gigabyte MB.

:)

bpilati, Oct 30, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 30, 2020
  3. My computers won't update to version 2004

Hello:

I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the file(s), and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine,
    then the actual install fails. I get the following error messages:

Feature Update to Windows 10 version 2004 (0xc1900204)

I have an advanced knowledge of Windows but I have no idea how to get around this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

EsprimmeDev, Oct 30, 2020
  4. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer shuts off during Windows 10, Version 2004 update process - Similar Threads - Computer shuts off

2. Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shuts computer off during startup: As the title says the computer shuts down before I am able to access anything. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-computer-off-during-startup/51ec0ac3-b746-447d-bb7e-4f5dea6f10d1
  3. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  4. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  5. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts off randomly during sleep: This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but I've uninstalled that and it's still happening. It happened again today, checked event viewer, and it says "The computer...
  6. Accidentally shut off computer during restore to factory

Accidentally shut off computer during restore to factory: Yesterday I accidentally shut off my computer after I requested restore to factory windows settings. Now my HP laptop keeps restarting over and over. It reads that it has gone through 64% of system restore. I have tried holding power key shift when restarting and f4 and f6...
  7. BSOD During Windows 10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Windows 10 2004 Update: My computer was one of many put on compatibility hold for the Windows 10 2004 update due to old Nvidia drivers. In this case, it's an old laptop Asus M50VM-A1, state of the art way back in 2008, with a GeForce Go 9600M GS graphics card. The compatibility hold was for...
  8. 0x800707E7 during "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004"

0x800707E7 during "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004": Hi, I have an issue similar to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-fails-with-error-0x800707e7/db2e3be2-69ad-4c35-8eb8-dd5270327859?page=1 but not exactly the same. I can see 2 profiles when I type in netplwiz and I dont have any .bak...
  9. Laptop was shut off during an update

Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...
  10. Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10

Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10: While I was waiting for the Windows 10 Setup to download and check everything it needed to I neglected to notice that my charging cord for my laptop had come out. During the portion of the setup where it was asking me what all I'd like to transfer over my computer shut off....