Windows 10: Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

Discus and support Computer shuts off randomly during sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevenCheak, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

This has been going on for some time and I can't figure out what is going on. I thought it had something to do the Intel Driver Support software, but I've uninstalled that and it's still happening.

It happened again today, checked event viewer, and it says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xfffff80161c2ae70, 0xfffff80161c0f000, 0xfffff8015bc52200.

:)

StevenCheak, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Gymbos Win User

Computer sleeps randomly

Hi,

We decided to "Sleep" our computers when we weren't using them, for security reasons. Both computers are laptops on power. Mine sleeps only when directed by me, My wife's however is something else. When she reboots, the computer will not sleep until she
    tells it to [Start/Power/Sleep]. Then when she wakes it up, the longer it has not been shut down, it randomly goes to sleep sooner and sooner, it is configured to never go to sleep, through the Control Panel right now if she's away for 5 minutes it sleeps!
    Driving her crazy, which in turn has some affect on me.

Anyone have any ideas?

Gymbos, Mar 14, 2021
  3. _JP_ Win User
    Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Computer shuts off randomly during sleep nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

4. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Computer shuts off randomly during sleep

1. Computer shuts off randomly during sleep - Similar Threads - Computer shuts off

2. Computer randomly shutting down during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shutting down during gaming: Hello,My computer is randomly shutting down while playing intensive games such as path of exile or guild wars 2. I will be in game, and instantly the computer screen turns black, and then restarts - no blue screen or error message.It happens randomly, sometimes ill go the...
  3. Computer randomly shutting down during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly shutting down during gaming: Hello,My computer is randomly shutting down while playing intensive games such as path of exile or guild wars 2. I will be in game, and instantly the computer screen turns black, and then restarts - no blue screen or error message.It happens randomly, sometimes ill go the...
  4. Computer randomly shutting down during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  6. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  7. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  8. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...
  9. My Computer randomly shuts off

My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...
  10. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143