Windows 10: Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

Discus and support Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lumenlor, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

Hello,

Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers.

Is there a reason this might be happening?

Things I've tried troubleshooting and had no success:

• Removing oldest HDD and running with 2 SSD/newer performance HDD.
    • Adjusting power options between balanced and high performance modes (turn off hard disk setting has always been set to high value parameter or '0' for infinite).
    • Going into device manager and toggling the intel management engine interface option of 'allow windows to turn off to save power'

My computer specs are:

z390 taichi motherboard

9900K cpu

2080Ti

16GB Corsair ram

Storage still multiple terabytes of availability.

submitted by /u/Lumenlor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lumenlor, Apr 8, 2021

2. computer shuts down in sleep mode

My computer is shutting down in sleep mode. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times and nothing is resolving this issue. We have tried system restore, changing power functions and they actually did a manual upgrade and it's still shutting down. I am
    concerned having to turn the computer back on is going to damage the life of the computer. Any other suggestions?

dale a.lorenz, Apr 8, 2021
  3. After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

1. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode? - Similar Threads - Computer Shuts Off

2. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  3. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  4. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  6. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  7. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  8. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  9. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  10. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...